UV

do people actually think that the Uv painted decoys actually make a huge difference.

im interested in whether they work and dont know if they a re worth buying.

i am getting reasonable bags at the moment and so cant see them increasing the bag much.....

what do you think?

I have some of the sillosocks UV jackets on my shell decoys and I have touched up the decoys neck ring with UV paint.

The whole layout stands out exceptionally well in the field and attracts the pigeons.

Now of course this is not a scientific statement.

I have no idea if the same amount of pigeons would have been attracted if I had no decoys out, or just plain decoys, or a rotary, or no rotary, etc.

I do believe that pigeons can see UV light and I do know that when you see real pigeons on the ground , the white neck ring and side markings stand out more than the rest of the bird.

I suppose its all a matter of what makes you confident in your layout .

I've got a couple of American Wildfowling mail order magazines and they show the results of the UV paint on Geese decoys when laid between a real goose (Snow Goose in this case) and a decoy without the UV paint taken on a UV camera.

The results are outstanding, in Human view, they is no discernable difference, but in the UV spectrum which birds see, I'd be putting UV paint on my deeks if I were you, what have you got to lose. By the way Silosocks use the same method, only already applied to the Tyvek in the printing process.

At the end of the day though there is no substitute for the real thing!!

SS