earwig infestation

Hi guys,

I need your help. my springer only seems to eat at night, and recently when i go to check his run he has only half eaten his food,however when i checked two nights ago i found his food bowl crawling with earwigs. this has got worse since then and tonight there are litteraly hundreds of the wee ********. Anybody any ideas how to get rid of them? and are they harmful to him? any help aprieciated.

Hi guys,

I need your help. my springer only seems to eat at night, and recently when i go to check his run he has only half eaten his food,however when i checked two nights ago i found his food bowl crawling with earwigs. this has got worse since then and tonight there are litteraly hundreds of the wee ********. Anybody any ideas how to get rid of them? and are they harmful to him? any help aprieciated.

got the same problem *******every where not a problem for the dog

Edited by Lucky-shot

cut the bottom off a 2l pop bottle and stuff loosley with straw hang upside down so straw is touching ground but the not the bottle near the food, wait till morn then nip in and carefully remove the bottle and hey presto full of earwigs desopse of them as you feel fit, keep going with new straw untill all gone.