Quick one re bows and arrows

JonD

Hi All,

Just a quick Q re bows and arrows and boundaries.

A friend of mine had arrows flying over their garden and are scared to go out there, do they commit the same offence as a pellet\bullet crossing the boundary and would the Police deal with it?

Cheers,

Jon.

Quick update, the Police have just been round my mate sent the following:

"Just an update on the archery drama. There is no law preventing anyone from playing in their garden. Police can only intervene if someone gets hurt.

Btw police just been round explaining the above. I showed them our back garden and the neighbours big target... They were alarmed cos it's massive and higher than our fence and garden narrow. They have just gone to speak to them to see if he will not play in garden or at least warn us before he does plus Not play when drinking.

Can't believe no safety rules no legislation.. So will only get support if we get hurt! "

Now i'm 100% sure the copper is wrong as arrows were crossing the boundary and no significant backstop either.

Not sure if the BASC guys would cover bow's\arrows but will prob give them a call.

Jon.

Edited by JonD

PLus an arrow is not a toy, I have shot a powerful bow and made an arrow embed itself fully into a tree from about 50 metres, you definately don't want anything like that happening. I wouldn't like to be sitting in my garden to find myself skewered by an arrow.