Our New Lab

ShaggyRS6

Well after weeks of scraping the money together for a dog my wife fell in love with we ended up with a bloody expensive dog from a Champion line.

At 15 months she is part trained and will do all the basics. Walk to heal, sit, stay, wait, retrieve etc etc. She also works very well to the whistle. She does need to become more steady and needs to be introduced to the gun but I am determined that together we will succeed. Moreover my wife has taken a very keen interest in the training side too.

We have been visiting the Lab for sessions so that we can get to know her and vis versa. We also wanted to let our ESS and her become acquainted and the sessions have proven to be invaluable. It seems weired having paid for the dog but we she does not come home with us yet, but like I mentioned. Why set myself up to fail? I want to do this right.

Both dog go under the knife next week for Castration and Spay. If all goes well we should have her home by next weekend.

I took a couple of pictures today. I hope you like.....

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

She is a looker Shaggy......very pleased for you and good luck :look:

We thought long and hard about the Spaying bit and we certainly see the pro's and cons.

But realistically we wont have a litter. I don't think either of us would have the no how or patience to look after a litter, if I don't feel confident in doing something I would rather not take the risk.

And secondly I just dont want the mess twice a year, however minimal it may be. the dog will be a pet as well and will have the run of the house. So that was something my wife and I discussed at some length. I would not have an issue with it, but she does.

We also seriously thought about the money aspect. we could make serious money given the dog's pedigree. We just don't feel confident in doing it.

There was another factor as well with regards the ESS. I want the Lab to be the pack leader as the ESS is very timid. After seeking advice from several trainers they suggested a castration as a way's to taking pressure of off him. An idea that has been banded around is that his timidness stems from him thinking he needs to be pack leader but cant cant handle it because of his temperament wont allow it. taking away his crown jewels may take the pressure of off him.

Either way we are happy with our decision. We have to think what's best for the dog, and in our case the best all round solution is the one we have chosen and I hope people will respect that :yes:

When a mummy labrador loves a daddy labrador very much......

Miss You Mung!!!!!!

xxxxxx

I don't know what that means? I am guessing what her pedigree is?

Cant remember off hand. Wont get it till next week.

Edited by ShaggyRS6