Humidity

Ozzy Fudd

just a quick (and possibly daft) question

at the mo im waiting for the house to be decorated and garden to be concreted, so everything is all over the place. normally any washing thats drying would either be put outside or left hanging on clothes horse type things in the kitchen, but for the last week or so (due to the garden bin pure muck, and the kitchen being jammed full of paint and wallpaper, etc) shes been putting the washing in the spare room to dry - which is where my gun cabinet is :good:

firstly, would i be right in saying that this will increase the humidity in the room, meaning more chance of damage by rust? secondly, i always have a small chemical dehumidifier thingy in the cabinet, would that be enough to cope with any extra humidity?

sorry i know the second ones a bit vague, im just wondering :yp:

just a quick (and possibly daft) question

at the mo im waiting for the house to be decorated and garden to be concreted, so everything is all over the place. normally any washing thats drying would either be put outside or left hanging on clothes horse type things in the kitchen, but for the last week or so (due to the garden bin pure muck, and the kitchen being jammed full of paint and wallpaper, etc) shes been putting the washing in the spare room to dry - which is where my gun cabinet is :stupid:

firstly, would i be right in saying that this will increase the humidity in the room, meaning more chance of damage by rust? secondly, i always have a small chemical dehumidifier thingy in the cabinet, would that be enough to cope with any extra humidity?

sorry i know the second ones a bit vague, im just wondering :hmm:

Yes the humidity in the room will rise.

The little chemical jobby thingy will only have a limited life and

will be next to useless.

Make sure the windows in the room are open and the humidity will

be equal inside and out.

Cheers taz.