how does the weather affect pigeon shooting ???????

the_commoner

hi guys,

i went up on one permission this morning to help set a guy up that had not been pigeon shooting before, i only had 2 hrs up there as my wife is 3 days overdue !!!!!!

i got there at 8.30am and was watching the usual flight lines - very very quiet.

the morning was totally cloudless, very windy and very bright, the wind was blowing at 90 degrees to the ususal prevailing direction, and gusting pretty strong at times

does the weather affect the way in which pigeons move around ? ie will they go off there usual flight lines if there is a change in wind direction or if the sun is very bright / low early in the morning???

dull ,windy days are the best, when its not raining ,but looks like its going to!

You need to be on the flight line,

they can be moved a little ,but you need to be in the right place.

on the flight line,

there no point wasting time mucking about,you need to be where they are feeding , pooing,or flying.

cheers

scott

Pigeon flightlines can change daily at times especially as food gets less and less and on rainy days the birds wont wont to go too far from the trees (main woods etc).

Scattered showers can make the birds feed more heavily at times when it is dry for a while.

If it is too windy then the birds may not move too often either