Diesel Cards

ME

This is probably one for Al4x but does anyone else have a diesel card or manage a diesel card account ?

I am fed up of keeping loads of VAT receipts for diesel for our work van etc. I am thinking about getting a diesel card so we get one bill a month

to cut down on admin.

Anyone recommend a diesel card ? Do any offer a discount on fuel ?

Thanks

LV :(

Hiya, Up till last year, I owned and drove my own 6 wheel cement mixer....and used a bunker card..spending maybe £3-500 a week on the stuff... :sly:

http://www.fuelcards.co.uk/keyfuels-fuel-c...els-fuel-card/3

...diesel was around 6p a litre cheaper than the "Normal" garages...dont know what its like now tho'...but well worth a look. never had any probs with paying etc...they usually were brill if the money was a couple of days late going into their account.. :good:

bunkered cards are the cheapest IF you have the bunkered sites near you or your work .,

keyfuels in norfolk are few and far between ,

shell are ok but no real price diferance

all star card is a set price and excepted nearly every where.

only bad bit is discounted fuel means you dont normally get points on your nector card

:sly:

Ok LV we've got both Keyfuels and Shell, keyfuels are ok but a lot of sites are supermarkets and ok they are cheaper at some but they're also more expensive at some so you can't shop about. I've started to worry less about cost and moved over to shell for all except emergencies as by the time a drivers gone a few miles out of their way you've blown the cost difference. Also we use a fair bit of LPG and shell are one of the few you can bung it on a card.

Perks are once a week they e-mail an invoice a week after it goes out by DD and you have one glorious piece of paper rather than a wad of receipts its made my life so much easier its untrue. Best advice is see where you usually fill up and get a card that works there, may not be bunkered but don't believe all the bunkum about savings as personally we don't see any and it really ****** me off filling up at morrisons at 4p above pump price :sly:

may not be bunkered but don't believe all the bunkum about savings as personally we don't see any and it really ****** me off filling up at morrisons at 4p above pump price :blink:

I don't understand this? The object of bunkering is you agree a set price BELOW pump price to agree to buy your fuel at

We dont use loads of diesel so the only benefit would be if we got a monthly bill.

It seems that most want to bill weekly though.

I can see how it works for companies with loads of company cars & vans but I dont think that it would help us right now. :rolleyes:

none that I know of do monthly, just depends how many receipts you're dealing with it does simplify things a lot one invoice once a week to put on the system and pay it down a week later. I think the reason they don't go monthly is they don't like giving out too much credit and i have to say I don't really blame them it must be a cut throat market for them making pence per litre.