AA 410 Carbine

wyatt

Hi Ladies/Gents,

Breaking into the sport and looking at rifles, I've the chance to get a AA 410 Carbine and am wondering how much difference there is between it and the standard one. I'm aware of the obvious like physical length, slightly less range but am asking from a practical point. Would you use one?

I'm looking to buy, get a load of practice in, get permission then be looking at Pigeon/Rabbit/Rat control. I'm airing(sp?) on the side of caution right now and thinking of hanging on for a full size as I'm assuming (right or wrong) that longer barrel means more range/acuracy.

Views and experiences please!

Cheers,

Tim

well i have the s400 classic and i have to admit it is a little long for me (i'm 13 and 5 ft tall) . all though it should be alright for anyone taller. weight is no problem as i am a member of the noodle arm club and i can carry it fine! the only reason i went for the classic is cos it has more shot count than the carbine but this isnt a problem if you have a divers bottle or pump.

s400 classic shot count (.177) :90

s400 carbine shot count (.177):60

if your in the woods or around farm buildings then go for the carbine even if it does have a lower shot count per fill.

if your a target and open field sniper hunter like me, then go for the classic with a plus side of having a bigger shot count.

hope this helped,

Aaron. :rolleyes:

Bear in mind if you go .22 it will do more shots per fill anyway. Typically at the ranges you would shoot game a carbine barrel length is fine, if you're going to use it for FT stuff then a longer barrel can help but for bunnies and rats (whether ground, tree or air) a carbine is fine and easier to lug about.

Right, delivery is on Tuesday and can't wait! These guys have got a kit in the sale:

http://www.deepblueshooting.com/ £140 for 3ltr/300bar + charging kit which I'm thinking of getting unless someone can suggest other places to try. I've had a good look round a number of forums and although there are a few bottles for sale, not many complete kits. Luckily I'm near a number of charging points so I'm not going to look at pumps at the mo.

RABID_DOGG, any more info to follow up your PM?

Pellet selection will be starting soon :good:

Edited by timearp