First time out with the new 410

joeshaw08

I picked up my new Baikal 410 with a moderator a couple of days ago and thought I'd take it out tonight for a razz with the lamp. I was on my own tonight so I had clipped the Deben Tracer on top of the barrel, which meant I couldn't see over the sights very well at all, so I ended up missing a few. I will have a lamp man with me next time I reckon and hopefully bag a few more. I wasn't sure how the little guy would pattern, so I was shooting them at around 20 yards. Some dropped, some didn't. I'm still getting used to the 410, but I reckon good things are in order for the future. It's not fully moderated, so I wasn't sure how the noise would be. It didn't seem as quiet as I'd liked, but I'm behind the gun. I guess you can only appriciate the level of quietness when in front of the gun (although I haven't found any willing volunteers to test that out for me yet!) but the rabbits didn't seem too spooked and some even offered me a second shot!

PS, I was using 2.5 inch, 11gram number 7s :yes:

Cheers, Joe

post-9251-1252451394.jpg

Good shooting! I use a baikel full modded .410 and use a deben mini pro lamp without the scope bracket fitted. Ive drilled out the bracket fixing point on the lamp and just cable tie it to the underside of the barrel. Ive put some bicycle innertube over the mod to protect the metalwork from the cable tie and it works a treat. :yes:

great little guns, Im using a pedretti hushpower 410, maybe its me, but I havent found sub sonics to be that quite, eley fourlong 65mm seem the best to me, but as you have stated, Im behind the gun, although went for a walk over my permission with it, fired off a mixture of 2 1/2" and 3" magnums and on chatting to the farmer later, he hadent heard a thing, and he was in the next field

they were no 6# size, but others have recomend 5# especially for pidgeon