timberdog

got one of the SPS variety which I bought second hand with timney trigger and hogue stock plus DM80 mod and shoots very well, accounted for 7 foxes so far plus a few other bits of vermin. Shooting wise I've not done much paper punching with it but I was getting sub 1 inch groups at 150 yards without trying too hard so easily good enough for what i want it for. best fox was 200 yards under the lamp so far so really no complaints here. However they are seen as guns you need to fiddle with to get the best out of and the floorplate rather than magazine takes getting used to

I have the SPS tactical, which is short, but heavy, barrel. Shoots very well, all who fire it like it.

The normal SPS is a light barrel and will do for foxes very nicely. Howa would be a consideration but the service of Highland outdoors vs the service of Edgar Bros if there is a problem... hmmm, Remington!

i got one but got a problem with it and know the answer.at 100 yds shooting 1 1/2 in high but at 200 where you would think that on the same zero the shots would be lower,they are about 4ins higher but in a good group.tried to slide paper down between barrel and stock,it is tight in 2 places,could this be the prob? any idea,s anyone