farmers ideas

digga

Last time I went out pigeon shooting I also shot a rook that was a bit silly I could hear him coming along the top of the hedge I was sat in and when he was in range he got it.

Father in law who is the game keeper spread him out in the middle of the field and stuck some of his feathers in the ground around him.

There was an article in I think it was the shooting times about a guy that uses plastic foxes in the field to keep the crovids moving.

it does work for a couple of days till they get used to it, but i usually do this trick on drillings but i tear them up and scatter them about the fields a whole bird tends to bring them in rather than discourage them

if you do do this make sure there are no roads footpaths near by as it will offend some people and is bad press for shooters

yea guys, i explained a lot of the stuff youv already mentioned to the farmer, but sometimes they think they know best :lol: i always make sure "joe public" never see what goes on :rolleyes: cos they just wouldnt understand :rolleyes:<_<

sometimes doin what the farmer asks goes a long way, even if it dont make sense,cos theres always another shooter around the corner who will take your place <_<:lol::lol:

sometimes doin what the farmer asks goes a long way, even if it dont make sense,cos theres always another shooter around the corner who will take your place :rolleyes:<_<:lol:

<_< Couldn't agree more digga, you may have seen in an earlier thread that one of our farmers was explaining to us not to shoot any foxes as they kept his rats down and as he was saying it 2 ran from one barn to another not more than 6 feet from us. :rolleyes:

yea guys, i explained a lot of the stuff youv already mentioned to the farmer, but sometimes they think they know best B)  i always make sure "joe public" never see what goes on  :rolleyes: cos they just wouldnt understand <_<  :lol:

sometimes doin what the farmer asks goes a long way, even if it dont make sense,cos theres always another shooter around the corner who will take your place :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Ye you are right there digga :rolleyes:

I was asked to shoot some crows for a farmer once and got more shooting permmision on a neighbouring farm with a crow problem <_<