Cut Barley

KINGSHOOTER

There are plenty of Crows and Pigeons hitting the standing Barley around us at the moment, my dad went out this morning at 6 o'clock and shot 60 in 3 hours. He's getting lots of phone calls from farmers at the moment, I put 250 off a Brocolli field yesterday at 3 o'clock in the afternoon and we have a field of barley that was cut for early for silage that the pigeons are hammering into just now, they love the milky stuff! going to be shooting them this week. No fields around here ready for harvesting yet though, but not that far away!

Mark.

First time out for months, got a phone call from a farmer saying that patches of laid barley were getting hit hard by crows and pigeons, when would i be able to get over, there is only one answer to that, i will be there tomoro afternoon straight from work.

Finished work by 2pm, at the farm by 3pm shooting by 3.30, had a great afternoon shooting finished the day with a mixed bag of 51 pigeons and crows. :thumbs:

One of our farmers is planning to start cutting today, there is also more Rape getting swathed now, this is about 10 days earlier than normal around here for the main bulk of the crop. That Barley/Silage field produced 138 to 1 gun yesterday. :lol:

Mark.