every day, in every way

stubby

so went out over the farm this morning, its only my second time out with the 12gauge, time before that I used the 410, anyhow, Id made a camo blind/hide up using tubing parts from an old pergoda and some camo netting I had tucked in the shed, its very lightweight and easy to erect, and does the job perfectly,

Id spotted an area on my last visit that I wanted to set up at, lovely morning, but totally no wind/breeze, set up the blind and set the decoys out, waited a whole hour with ziltch coming over, but I did spot them landing at the top of the field, on the manure pile, so grabbed all the gear and lifted the blind still set up and walked over there, set up on the boundary fence just under an over hanging branch around 35yds from the pile, went with the "little is more" approach this time and only set out 4 decoys, with 10 minutes a woodie had landed within the area and he was in the bag, it went a little downhill after that, as the tree I was under was also their "sittie tree" and of course as it was only a blind, they must of caught glimpes of any moves I made which spooked them off, god knows why but for about 30 minutes Id got into the frame of mind that I could only shoot birds coming down into the decoy area, having realised I was nutts, I re postitioned myself behind the blind, so I could see the decoys, but also get shots at fly-by's,

and within minutes a had a second in the bag, so satisfying when you see that puff of feathers

am getting to grips on how much you need to over shoot beause of the huspower, but where will it end, Im now thinking mossburg pump hushpower will be needed

Edited by stubby

If things ain't working, its always worth a move.

Having no wind at all makes things a bit harder as the birds always seem to be a bit more cautious.

As a matter of interest why are you using a hushpower ?

They certainly seem to take a bit of getting use to, I never did manage it and sold mine years ago.

noise issues, the farmer has allowed me to shoot air rifles for the last three years, his place has a line of houses on one side, and he had complaints in the past, so much so, that Im the only one that has ever got permission from him, loads more asked (even my old boss) for shotgun shooting permission, but all get told NO

I first took the 410 hushpower over there and he comented on "not hearing a thing", so I upgraded and got a 12g too, still nothing heard by him, and you can see from the picture his sheep sheds aint that far away from where I shoot

25092009233.jpg

25092009233-1.jpg

Edited by stubby