lindisfarne..ducks?

dawntredder

My dad's been up this morning and shot the North boundary and there was very little about. He said a few wigeon passed him early doors but just on his limit so he let them fly on. He heard a few pinks on the back of Snook but they didn't flight in towards him. Very still up there this morning.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, I was on the Holy Island Sands area, lying in the water next to a car axial (looked like one). I had a few groups of wigeon fly over but I couldn't get up quick enough lol. Had one mallard too but it was behind me.

Heard and saw one pink, flying over the island from the snook area.

It's getting colder there now! Have to wait till Jan now for another go with the 10b.

Edited by Anth6568

I would love a crack at this as only live in Durham,but wouldn't like to go alone without learning the code of conduct and understanding the way it works. I would love to tag along just to spectate and learn the ropes though.Once spoke to a guy called Ken at Raby Castle show a few years back,but I lost his number.Is there any wildfowlers up north that take people out ( not too shoot) just to learn the ropes.

I would love a crack at this as only live in Durham,but wouldn't like to go alone without learning the code of conduct and understanding the way it works. I would love to tag along just to spectate and learn the ropes though.Once spoke to a guy called Ken at Raby Castle show a few years back,but I lost his number.Is there any wildfowlers up north that take people out ( not too shoot) just to learn the ropes.

the guy you spoke to was probs ken ball out of toon wildfowlers,as for people taking you on you would need to apply for your permit bud then its a case of going up and meeting someone who will show you the ropes...or apply for a 3 day introductory permit next season but they only hand out so many so I would go with 1st option....good thing with lindisfarne it is probs one of the best places to learn the art of fowling...am out of action at mo but hoping to be back up around the 20th December time...atb Robbie :good:

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know if there is anything about at lindisfarnne at the mo. I've got a break and I'm hoping to get up within the next week. Haven't been since early Nov so hoping for an Xmas goose. My mate up there who does webs counts reckons there are still a few duck about but geese are patchy

Anyone know if there is anything about at lindisfarnne at the mo. I've got a break and I'm hoping to get up within the next week. Haven't been since early Nov so hoping for an Xmas goose. My mate up there who does webs counts reckons there are still a few duck about but geese are patchy

I was up Sunday evening still quite a few widgeon about as for geese I only saw a couple of hundred pinks come.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...