hammerli 550 help!

Elmer Fudd 1

a mate of mine brought a hammerli 550 seeker air rifle at the shooting show last week with some package deal giving him a moderator and a scope

but he doesn't know how to fit it. apparently there is no thread on the barrel so i would imagine the mod is a slip on type. he then said that the foresight did not have any pins or screws to easily remove it so unless it has to be pulled off then its stuck on there. i don't own this air rifle so i would have no idea how to solve his problem and Google doesn't help much either.

does anybody have experience with this rifle and would they be able to help

any advice is appreciated

fudd

The 550 seeker has been sold as a package deal for some time at £200.

You get the gun 3x9x40 scope and a blow back Silencer and a gun bag.

To get the front sight off try heating it up ( put in boiling water or a heat gun ) :good:

It should twist off and the silencer pushes on and possible grub screw to fix it on. :good:

Reviews on the Silencer are very good good very Quiet.

Gun is good for close range Ratting out to 25 yds.

Have a look at the review on The airgun gear show. On You Tube. :good:

Hang on a sec'. I've just had my xs 19 (aka Hammerli 550) fitted with a 'Backdraft' silencer. The foresight should come off as per previous instructions. However on my xs19, you needed a barrel to 1/2"unf adaptor. Fit the silencer end over the barrel, then fit the adaptor, then fit the backdraft silencer (you can fit it two ways, to give more of a shroud effect, down the barrel, or in front, which increases the length), then fit the front cap on the silencer. On my xs 19 there was a knurled, section to retain the front sight; this needed chopping off and the barrel recrowning - hopefully not the case with the Hammerli. Measure the barrel diameter and you should get an adaptor from ebay for about £6'ish

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SILENCER-ADAPTER-1-2-UNF-for-15mm-barrels-/300554982939

Hope this helps.

NB: try a surf on the Woodfield GCP website. Will provides tuning kits and trigger upgrades that makes these air rifles very sweet to shoot

Success! Just got it off! Heated it up slowly about 6 inches above the electric hob for about 20 mins, rotating it every once and a while then got my house mate to hold the gun and pull away from me while I yanked at it with some pliers, came off with just a few teeth marks left on the plastic.... wahey!