There not daft

Ash it's em

I am sure game birds and waterfowl know when too hide and when season is over!, I was walking the dogs other morning in my built up village about half mile away from nearest field when a covey of partridges about seven was walking down street my gun dog about pulled me over, then yesterday I went in to tesco parked up and there was two mallards sat looking at me , it made me laugh because if I was in my camo I'm sure they would off laughed at me and gone the other way like they do most of the winter months

Not sure if its a short memory, the desire to mate or what but its good to give them a rest. I remain convinced though that the local birds know which day Wednesday is though. I get invaded by numerous birds first thing Wednesday morn in season from a big local shoot. It is wrong on so many levels to have a go at them but I swear you could get a morning flight in on them as they come off the roost and commute in

I had a covey of partridge next to where I parked my car. One of them nearly jumped in my car when the door was open!!!!

On the river at the bottom of my permission, I was sat there and a pair of mallard came within 4 feet of me and to top it off had some geese walking around about 50 yards from me and then flew slowly over my head.

never see anything like that normally! think OF is right, must all be punch drunk with the nookie they are having/hoping to have.