New feeders

A friend of one put me on to these a couple of weeks ago...

10CD05ED-19D4-4F6F-9377-B6341BBDEC60.jpg

He's replaced all springs / tubes / letterbox / mesh on his bins and swapped them for these, stainless steel cutlery drainers @ £2 each. He said they where spot on last season!

I've knocked a few up this week and tested them in the garden on the chickens. They seem to do the job!

C1223304-F984-4B11-A910-32CFAB5080FD.jpg

Worth a punt at £2 each.

Might not clog as much as springs and makes it harder for anything without a beak to get a free feed.

Wildfowler if you cut a slight taper to the inside top of your feeder legs and re watch it will give them more stability by widening the radius of the feet.

Figgy

Wildfowler if you cut a slight taper to the inside top of your feeder legs and re watch it will give them more stability by widening the radius of the feet.

Figgy

Good shout :good: I just knocked these up quickly with some off cut timber in the garage. Future bins will be done properly!

they look exactly like "wright feeders" I've used some last season , although I am not sure if the pheasants use them very much as they seemed to use less than half the food compared to my spring feeders or letter boxes, but they don't drop any feed and are badger proof so hardly any wastage.

I will be trying them in the release pens soon so I can monitor them closer.

oh and they sound a bargain as wright feeders are £4.50-£5.00 each !!!!!

I am off to wilkos tomorrow see what I can find !