hydro wrap

neillfrbs

good hard finish, depending on how its clear coated.

some good designs about, but there is varying quality of films and workmanship. ive had a few bits done, and my best advice is to find a well known hydrographics shop/company and use them.

the guys i use are based in helston, cornwall. theyre on farcebook as west coast customs uk. i wouldnt use anyone else....

Edited by brett1985

I saw that guys results on the cornwall shooting facebook page, looks good!

I'm going to get some graphics and have a go myself, having watched a few vids it looks very straight forward.

i fancied having a go, but i just dont have the time or the room to do it.

ricky from west coast's advice has always been that if your going to have a go, get the best materials you can afford. it makes a BIG difference.

let me know how you get on! :good:

luckily my old man is into fish so plenty of old fish tanks around to do it in :good:

Theres only the one gun of mine that I'd do it on and thats my trusty old cz511 but I wonder how it will take to the chequering or whether I need to sand that out. I'd probably get a spare stock to try it on if I started sanding etc.

luckily my old man is into fish so plenty of old fish tanks around to do it in :good:

Theres only the one gun of mine that I'd do it on and thats my trusty old cz511 but I wonder how it will take to the chequering or whether I need to sand that out. I'd probably get a spare stock to try it on if I started sanding etc.

Iirc it fills the chequering no problem.

Figgy

After you have dipped it and get to the clearcoat stage unless you have spraying knowledge and equipment then go to your local car paint suppliers and you can get aerosols of 2k lacquer that will provide the best durable finish - just decide on gloss or semi gloss.

ATB

After you have dipped it and get to the clearcoat stage unless you have spraying knowledge and equipment then go to your local car paint suppliers and you can get aerosols of 2k lacquer that will provide the best durable finish - just decide on gloss or semi gloss.

ATB

good bit of advice there.

you can get a very good finish with a rattle can nowadays.

and the selection is huge....