Tonight's wash flight

fenboy

you need to learn to read. Where did I say I never get runners. I said very rarely run in. Two vey different things chap. If I have other wildfowlers in the area I try not to disturb the flight for them. If I have a runner the dog gets sent if it's safe to do so. But if a duck hits very fast running water and it's a strong runner I will not risk my dog.

My mistake I Apologise for Miss reading.

But my name is Not Chap

if a duck is dead and it doesn't hit water where's it going to go. That's why my dogs are steady mate . I don't send them straight away all the time . It's best to make them wait at least a couple of minutes unless you have a runner of course.

Where I shoot, if you leave your duck more than a minute it could be 150yrds up or down river depending on the tide.

My dog doesn't run in as a rule, but I don't give him to much grief if he is keen to fetch my duck:-)

Edited by Darno

Where I shoot, if you leave your duck more than a minute it could be 150yrds up or down river depending on the tide.

My dog doesn't run in as a rule, but I don't give him to much grief if he is keen to fetch my duck:-)

same as where I shoot . But not all duck I shoot hit tidal water , some might hit the salting or the other side of the sea wall and that's when if the duck is dead I'll leave it a while as this helps for steadying up the dogs. I just can not stand a dog that runs in and I will do everything I can to not install that behavior in my dogs. Edited by jayDT10

if a duck is dead and it doesn't hit water where's it going to go. That's why my dogs are steady mate . I don't send them straight away all the time . It's best to make them wait at least a couple of minutes unless you have a runner of course.

How do you know it's dead? I have shot some that come down like a rock and still much alive. You shot it and leave it till after the flight it could be long gone.

Your dogs might be steady but I have no clue on how you shoot the marsh and how you get them to fall the other side of the sea wall.

How do you know it's dead? I have shot some that come down like a rock and still much alive. You shot it and leave it till after the flight it could be long gone.

Your dogs might be steady but I have no clue on how you shoot the marsh and how you get them to fall the other side of the sea wall.

because where I shoot I can sit a the bottom of the sea wall if I wish and if a duck is coming off the marsh towards me and I shoot it that's when it will fall on the other side of the sea wall. Get it. How do I know there dead, if the head drops they ain't going far, if the heads up whilst their falling they need picking quick.

because where I shoot I can sit a the bottom of the sea wall if I wish and if a duck is coming off the marsh towards me and I shoot it that's when it will fall on the other side of the sea wall. Get it. How do I know there dead, if the head drops they ain't going far, if the heads up whilst their falling they need picking quick.

I like working my dog more than I enjoy shooting so for me every outing is a training session.