My new rifle

Grenman

Nice gun mate.

I always say assume a gun is loaded UNLESS YOU KNOW 100% OTHERWISE.

Checking into 110% unloaded and safe, closing the bolt and placing it down, not letting it out of your sight, taking a PIC and then storing it away is not unsafe in anyway.

If anyone touched it, moved it, or if it was out of my sight for a millisecond then I would check it again, after putting it down and picking it back up, I would check it again just out of habit, but closing the bolt isn't unsafe when you know for sure!

Again, thanks for all the positive comments but i dont think ile cut the barrel off as yet [lol], got to get used to it first. And as for all your safety comments, i do understand where you are coming from but remember, the gun was in my own home at the time, there were no visitors and no one else was present and had been unloaded and checked by myself many times and therefore no problem to anyone at all. After all, it was done as others have said, just for the picture.

Just need to zero it properly but could do with a dry windless day for a change.

I am going to go for 100 yards and will be putting out some range sticks at every 20 yards on my field and spend a few rounds on target. Should be fun.

Andy

Again, thanks for all the positive comments but i dont think ile cut the barrel off as yet [lol], got to get used to it first. And as for all your safety comments, i do understand where you are coming from but remember, the gun was in my own home at the time, there were no visitors and no one else was present and had been unloaded and checked by myself many times and therefore no problem to anyone at all. After all, it was done as others have said, just for the picture.

Just need to zero it properly but could do with a dry windless day for a change.

I am going to go for 100 yards and will be putting out some range sticks at every 20 yards on my field and spend a few rounds on target. Should be fun.

Andy

I think Crowdie was just giving some very useful safety tips. Think now we can all see that you are well enough clued in when it comes to gun safety. Hopefully get some decent weather for you to get it zero in properly and get a few rounds through it at targets. Enjoy the new purchase! :good:

Probably propped it up with the mag and bolt in for a good picture.

No need to give the fellow a lecture. Yes if you pick up a gun in a shop or a mates gun. Then yes assume it is loaded.

But if you check and your mag is empty and there is nothing in the chamber then there is no need to assume anything as you know the gun is clear.

I am sure this lad checked. Store with the bolt and mag out and check it's unloaded but for a picture this is fine!

He might be waiting for Santa coming down the chimney! now theres a pest this time of year.