hyundai tucson

mattyg1086

I had one as a company car on an 08 plate for 5 years and never had a thing go wrong with it and that was with 140000 on the clock.

Lovely car to drive, a bit of road noise at the higher speeds. Good and solidly built.

Not sure what year yours will be but I was told that 2005 and older were less economical on fuel. Something was upgraded after then, not sure what.

Fully recommend them.

Best of luck, I don't think that you'll be disappointed.

OB

I had one as a company car on an 08 plate for 5 years and never had a thing go wrong with it and that was with 140000 on the clock.

Lovely car to drive, a bit of road noise at the higher speeds. Good and solidly built.

Not sure what year yours will be but I was told that 2005 and older were less economical on fuel. Something was upgraded after then, not sure what.

Fully recommend them.

Best of luck, I don't think that you'll be disappointed.

OB

thanks it has a 5 speed box and the newer ones have a 6 speed and about 30 more bhp so that's probably it. This has been very well cared for by my grandad and has just towed his caravan and and down the a1 so has very little miles on. What I'm after is how it will fare with me and my children and two dogs abusing it (mostly me) as I do a lot of motorway miles to work and a bit of off roading. I know it's comfy on the road but are they and good off road I've managed to get a mondeo stuck in mud and slid into a gatepost so I want a better bigger car to take shooting and fishing

Iv a 55reg Toyota Rav4... I imagine underneath it and the Tucson have alot in common?

When I bought the Rav, it was either it or a Tucson I was buying - I couldn't find a Tucson within reasonable distance worth looking at, and the Rav turned up on my doorstep... Search YouTube for off road capability, if it's a 4x4 model (some are only 2wd!!) they seem fairly capable, within reason. Just put some decent dual purpose tyres on and away you go.

My only (slight) concern with the Hyundai would be the electrics long term, but I wouldn't have any worries mechanically.