bruising stops play

dad

was having a good day at the weekend on peas that had been harvested and pulled up for 2 weeks, you never can tell in this sport , should have been over after 3 days only 30 acres and on it straight away. i started at 2pm and birds were coming straight away but not many were comin g in compared to how many were passing down the middle of the field, now i knew it was shot the previous week with an 80 bag so i thought they might be rotary shy so i stopped it but left it out and put 1 turbo flapper out with 12 half shells flocked, things changed straight away and birds started to decoy imediatley by 5pm i was up to 50 down then a crafty bird snuck around the side of my hide to go over the hedge behind and doin a contortionist act i leant out of the hide and twisted and mounted the gun badley and it slapped my cheek so bad that a big lump came up and after a few more shots i couldnt bear it any more and had to pack up on 58 with pigeons pouring in still, i think it could have been a 70 or 80 bird day which is good for here at the moment because its been a very poor harvest so far. i still have a 2 inch dia bruise.