21 gram carts

peter-peter

me and my bud went to park lodge at west cowick snaith yesterday.

wanted carts to shoot. all they had where 21 gram lyalvale express and 21gram hull x pro trap

we both used my urika using both types of carts.

results 200+ shots no failed recycling. these urika's will recycle anything.

when you hit clays with 21 gram they smash em to bits and seem a lot fasted than 28 grams

at £120 per thou they are cheap, but due to less lead needed, they take a bit of getting used to.

my verdict is on clays i will stick to 28 gramms.

however 21 gramms would be well worth a try on pigeons and rabbits they hit hard.

Edited by peter-peter

me and my bud went to park lodge at west cowick snaith yesterday.

wanted carts to shoot. all they had where 21 gram lyalvale express and 21gram hull x pro trap

we both used my urika using both types of carts.

results 200+ shots no failed recycling. these urika's will recycle anything.

when you hit clays with 21 gram they smash em to bits and seem a lot fasted than 28 grams

at £120 per thou they are cheap, but due to less lead needed, they take a bit of getting used to.

my verdict is on clays i will stick to 28 gramms.

however 21 gramms would be well worth a try on pigeons and rabbits they hit hard.

What was the velocity of both weights you use?

we didn,t look for velocity on the boxes but in the past I have used hull soverigns on clays and I would say these are every bit as fast judging by the way they really smash the clays.

it would be interesting to find out though.

i normally use clay busters 28 gram

but with the 21S i soon found out I was overleading the clays and halved my usual lead.

they did work well.

I intend testing them on a pattern plate soon.

From what I remember of several articles I have read about these 21 gram Comp X they pattern a lot tighter than 28 or 24 gram cartridges with the same choke. It seems this is due to less damage to the shot when accelerated from rest as there is less damage to the pellets at the bottom of the shot column. I also seem to remember that these little cartridges are up around 1400 ft/sec. And finally they cycle through my AL391 as well, no stoppages after 1500 rounds! :good: Also great through the browning as well.

Edited by sodit

all shot sizes leave the gun as an almost solid lunp of lead so dont go by the speed they leave the barrel as quoted on most boxs its only when the shot starts to pattern that differing shot slows down 9 shot slows faster than say 5 shot.

Most Eley cartridges ( for clay loads) reach 60 ft doing about 1090feet per second, top of the range superb will be doing1120 fps the new ELEY LITES 21GM are doing about 1150 fps so will give good breaks even when shooting say trap

targets and will pattern very well.

• 3 weeks later...