Where are you pointing your gun?

easyhit

Having had a very interesting chat with Kevin Barratt and his pigeon shooting friend Dave at Kevins new shop in Caterham we did a quick test.

Both Kevin and Dave were right shoulder shooters with right master eye. Dave is a very keen pigeon shooter achieving a 2 to 1 ratio.

Try this test (especially if you are right shouldered shooter with right master eye):

In a safe place, unloaded and with both eyes open throughout the test, mount your gun and point it across the field or your lounge at a small stationary object (top of fence post, light switch etc).

Hold that position steady for a second still with both eyes open.

Then (right shoulder shooters) close your left eye and see where the end of the barrel is now pointing. recent field trials at the East Anglian, Highclere and CLA Fairs prove that at least 66% of you are going to have a shock if you think your eye dominance is ok and you shoot with both eyes open.

Food for discussion may be!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just what is your point exactly.

are you saying 66% of right handed shooters are wrong and there eye dominance is wrong or what.

seriously doubt if you could give me much advice anyway to do with shotgun shooting :good::good: .

plus im not slagging anyone off. just saying your VERY wrong in what your statement said!

i reckon he reckons you should buy one of those silly looking iluminous thingies that stick on ya rib,so you dont miss any birds anymore.instead of practising your shooting and aim with normal bead till your a good shot :lol:

i reckon 66% of people need their ceiling s re artexed me :good::good::hmm:

Dazza,

No. That is why I am making it obvious who I am.

I have reviewed the Forum and chose this Group as there is nothing on eye dominance that I could find. I was with Kevin Barratt and Dave and I do have the stats.

There are a number of ways to overcome the problem not just mine. Not all of the methods work for everyone. What I am pointing out is that there are a lot of shooters out there who believe they have no problem and may be shooting with both eyes open because they have been told, or have done the basic test. (the one Beretta aludes to) when, as MT, says closing a eye will cure it.

The effect of middle vision affects a huge number of shooters who have the correct eye aligned to the rib. What I would like to see is shooters identify they have a problem and explore what the methods (and there are many) are for sorting it.

Understanding how to identify if you have a problem will result in dealing with it and result in more hits and less wasted cartridges.

In hindsight I think it was my error of judgement I think in registering. Sorry MT

Edited by easyhit

Dazza,

No. That is why I am making it obvious who I am.

I have reviewed the Forum and chose this Group as there is nothing on eye dominance that I could find. I was with Kevin Barratt and Dave and I do have the stats.

There are a number of ways to overcome the problem not just mine. Not all of the methods work for everyone. What I am pointing out is that there are a lot of shooters out there who believe they have no problem and may be shooting with both eyes open because they have been told, or have done the basic test. (the one Beretta aludes to) when, as MT, says closing a eye will cure it.

The effect of middle vision affects a huge number of shooters who have the correct eye aligned to the rib. What I would like to see is shooters identify they have a problem and explore what the methods (and there are many) are for sorting it.

Understanding how to identify if you have a problem will result in dealing with it and result in more hits and less wasted cartridges.

In hindsight I think it was my error of judgement I think in registering. Sorry MT

ah man so still not sure what to do but will try the one eye thing anyway.and thanks for bringing it to my attention if it works

makes me thankful im in the 33% of people who do no where im pointing my gun. :good::good:

some good points but a bit of scaremongering i think. :lol:

Beretta is one of the countrys top clay shots from what i've heard, so i would be more inclined to belive what he says rathaer than a bloke trying to sell us his product
now this is really starting to confuse :hmm:

I did not even realise you were supposed to shoot with both eyes open until a few years ago and I've been shotgun shooting for over twenty years! I am right handed and have a strong left master eye, so shooting with my left eye half/ fully shut is the only way I can hit anything.

I had heard previously that the majority of right handed people have a left master eye and vice versa, therefore those shooters who can shoot 'properly' with both eyes open are in fact in the minority.

I did not even realise you were supposed to shoot with both eyes open until a few years ago and I've been shotgun shooting for over twenty years! I am right handed and have a strong left master eye, so shooting with my left eye half/ fully shut is the only way I can hit anything.

I had heard previously that the majority of right handed people have a left master eye and vice versa, therefore those shooters who can shoot 'properly' with both eyes open are in fact in the minority.

ok then for someone who has been shooting for over 20 years and only recently noticed this,makes me feel a tad bit better :good:

MT,

I can not possibly make any more observations or comments on this forum after this one. Too many people have got the wrong end of the stick. However, if you did the test, as no doubt many will, and the gun points off to the left then keep closing your left eye and you will end up with the same eye dominance as Beretta. Sadly as his is probably perfectly natural he will have no perception of the impact. You and I have to use one of the other methods and there are many. Its not how you cure it but rather having the benefit of a little bit more knowledge following free advice so as not to spend the rest of your shooting life hitting less that you could or should

Good luck all. You are 100% right Beretta thats the last you will see of me.

Edited by easyhit

Just read through this and correct me please if i have missed some thing i cannot see what he is supposed to be selling.

It seems to me typical PW new member posts and straight away he is shot down some of you guys are bloody unbelievable.......

If im wrong i will apologise :good: :good: :hmm::lol:

MT,

I can not possibly make any more observations or comments on this forum after this one. Too many people have got the wrong end of the stick. However, if you did the test, as no doubt many will, and the gun points off to the left then keep closing your left eye and you will end up with the same eye dominance as Beretta. Sadly as his is probably perfectly natural he will have no perception of the impact. You and I have to use one of the other methods and there are many. Its not how you cure it it is not spending the rest of your shooting life hitting less that you can or should with just a little bit more knowledge following free advice.

Good luck all. You are 100% right Beretta thats the last you will see of me.

well thanks for that and so sorry to see that you have let some of the more :good: sceptical people on this forum put you off,and again thanks for the advice it could well be some of the best advice i have been given on here or not ,time will of coarse tell,probably in about 2 hours :good:

Just read through this and correct me please if i have missed some thing i cannot see what he is supposed to be selling.

It seems to me typical PW new member posts and straight away he is shot down some of you guys are bloody unbelievable.......

If im wrong i will apologise :good::hmm::lol::oops:

:good:

If im wrong i will apologise :good: :good: :hmm::lol:

his name is easyhit,and he invented easyhit eye dominance bead for guns,and he opens first post with do you know most people have dominance problems :oops::oops: