Cheap hide poles

Sorry there the best photos,made them yesterday,cost me 15 quid for the four poles ,from wilkies,dowelling inserts,and the kick plates are aliminium shelving brackets 99p each from wilkies,they extend to 7ft+ and are very light and strong :oops: BB

Nice work Bluebarrels

I have to same poles from wilkos but find them a tad too short, nice kick plates too.

You refer to dowels and I assume they are fitted inside the existing poles ??

Any chance of some closer pics and may be a description of how you did em :)

Cheers

No better pics,sorry,i cut 7 inchs of the bottom ot the inner pole,then inserted a 7 inch piece of dowel into the bottom of the outer pole,glued this in with no-more-nails,then drilled through the bottom of the outer pole and through the dowel,bolted my ground spike(aliminium angle) and the kick plate on and let it all dry overnight,cut of the surplus bolt,filed it down and sprayed the poles,job done,i have a set of the bought poles but prefer the ones ive made,they are much longer and more or less the same weight. :angry::angry: BB

I made my own from Wilko's washing line poles... they have the same G loop at the top as normal hide poles and done similar for kickplates/spikes :angry: Just get some 6" lengths of steel off cuts and cut a diagonal of about 1" on the end of each and then at the other end bend approx 2-3" from the end to a 90 degree angle. Dowel inside the washing line poles and drill through and nut and bolt twice on each pole for stability.

That said, I done 6 of them and then got offered a Deben net and 4 proper hide poles cheap so I bought them too :angry: