First Day

Browning GTS

Well thats my first day, really enjoyed it. Up to now i have only shot clays, but recently fancied having a go at live shooting, bought a hide and a few deeks got a farmers number through a friend and off i went. Shooting over standing corn with only shell decoys (no floaters ect they are the next thing on the shopping list) I only managed 6 in about 5 hours, the annoying thing was there were about 200 over the other side of the next field and they would not come over but they were next to a road and a couple of houses so no go. But still had a great day and i am really looking forwards to improving in the coming months. So if anyone else reads this is thinking of starting just go and do it, ok i only got a few but things can only get better mind you the first one i wiil always remember. :thumbs: :):lol:

The birds MAY have come over if floaters had been used but that surely depends on established flight lines in and out of the feeding area? If you`re in the wrong place and can`t move to take advantage of the flight lines you may only be lucky enough to shoot a few birds.

There's no hard fast rule some day you can pull them from a mile other days they'll just pass you by. My best ever day I was pulling them from a flight line I would say 1km away, it was fantastic just watching them pick up my pattern and coming in, I was in a valley and the flight line was along the crest of a hill, off my land, so they were dropping like stones out of the sky, it was great to watch and bloody hard to hit some of them.

Hammy

probably me! :lol: i carried all my gear for about a mile cross country last week, then realised id forgotton the bloody battery! :*) end result: 2. the only 2 i saw though so i cant really complain. :lol:

glad you enjoyed your first pigeon shoot GTS, dont get demoralised when it doesnt go swimmingly. it relies largely on nature, so no matter how hard you try, whatever fancy equipment you have, or however many yeras of expereince you have, there will ALWAYS be bad days! they just make the good days even more special :P;):lol::lol:

Edited by paulos