Windy day

proTOM1

Met up with wingnut at the normal spot and headed for the bean stubble that i hoped might have a few pigeons on got there to find it all ploughed in ,so told wingnut to watch while i go have alook else where .Found some birds about 20 ish on some wheat stubble that had been sprayed then came across a right heep on some other bean stubble but the problem was i am not able to shoot it at the weekend so that stopped that . Went back to wingnut and he said only a few birds had flown over the bean field so headed back to the wheat stubble after watching for 15 mins we gave it ago .

We had to set up at the far end under a tree in front of a small stream with the wind in our faces , we had stubble 1 side and new wheat the other set out 20 decoys and the flapper .The birds started coming straight away but mostly coming to the tree from behind so moved the pattern a bit more away which helped no end . The shooting was steady if totaly rubbish from me :good: the wind was making things hard but made for some good shots ???

Ended up picking 6 rooks 4 jackdoors and 19 pigeons lost a few rooks in the field behind was good fun would of been a bigger bag if i had shot better ;)

post-12734-1254679037.jpg

Thanks again Tom for another excellent day, both of us had some very testing shots due to weather conditions, i still think your shot through the leaves at the high fast pigeon will be one i remember for a very longtime. The thing was that high and fast it almost left a vapour trail, and i swear it had ice on its wings when it hit he deck.

WELL DONE THAT MAN

Regards Andy

ps. I hate that photo, now you can all see why they called me wingnut.