Pigeon cradles

invector

Recently bought some pigeon cradles from Pinewood Sporting. The cradles arrived with a receipt which included my full Visa card number!!! Anyone could have read my number and if anything had happened at Royal Mail (did you see the TV programme last week??) my account could have been vulnerable. I emailed them saying this was sloppy security and would they be changing their system ASAP but they didn`t even reply. If you are buying with plastic from Pinewood BE WARNED!!!

Edited by invector

Nothing wrong with the cradles, although I notice the price has gone up. It`s not replying to my emails that gets me, when they say on their website that customers should email them on the contact button I expect them to act. I asked them if they would be amending their system but no reply.

Hi mate,

Roland (Pinewood) is generally a pretty decent bloke, but I imagine he'll be up to his eyes this week with the CLA being on at the weekend. Sometimes its hard to keep up with all the emails during July/August, though I accept its bloody annoying for the customer.

Why not give him a bell and see what he has to say?

:lol:

Looks like Pinewood Sporting is on line and he joined the forum today. Has some one tipped Mr Pinewood Sporting off :lol:

Maybe he could post a reply

Its an easy mistake to happen. Like Deako says I bet he has been busy getting sorted for the big bash this weekend. Don't think there's any need for a slagging match

Jonno

Edited by jonno 357

Just received a Recorded Delivery letter from Pinewood listing their email replies. These obvously didn`t get through to me and I apologise unreservedly. This was a problem with the internet and not with Pinewood. Pinewood are deleting the card numbers from correspondence in the future. I only received one email from Pinewood and all the others were undelivered.

First time I have ever dealt with pinewood this week , emailed them about some replacement hide pole bushes around 7pm on monday and had a reply at 9pm ! . Rang them yesterday morning and had a packet of 8 bushes and screws this morning with a total cost of £10 inc p+p for such a small order this was excellent service . :lol:

The card number was blanked out on the receipt as well I should add .

It was me who `tipped Pinewood off` as I had told them I was contacting the forum. I had made it quite clear that I wasn`t receiving any replies and thought they may have `phoned me?? My answer phone is on 24/7 and they could have left a message. Anyway they did reply by email, but I certainly didn`t receive them.