Pipped at the post

Topgunners

Whilst having a recce on saturday we had covered a fair few miles (80+) and finally spotted some pigeons dropping onto some cut barley and went to see the farmer who informed us that a couple of lads had already set up on the bottom field but we could go and shoot the hill.

We sat at the top of the hill watching through the "bins" and the 2 lads were banging away every couple of minutes but not many dropping.

Anyway, slightly miffed we set up and within 20 minutes the farmer's helper decides he is gonna finish off cutting and baling the field we were on, RIGHT in front of us.

We packed up in dismay and went elsewhere. Only shot 25 or so on swathed rape but decided to pop back to the previous call later on in the afternoon and lo and behold "THEY" had packed up.

We set up in the same spot,almost; and had shot 32 in an hour or so and then the Farmer comes and says " sorry lads but you will have to pack up as I won't have any friendly neighbours left.:lol:?:lol:?:lol:?:o?:lol:?:lol:??"

" Eh! " I said . He said " you can only shoot in the week now between 8.30 & 5pm".

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kicked in the goolies TWICE in one day.

It seems the others had been banging ALL day long & upset the neighbours.

Any body else had this happen to them???

Goddam Townies.

Still, now I gotta try & get a day off mid-week.

:D:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Topgunners

Yo Lurcher.

we ended up doing 115 miles but that was going round all our farms NOT in a straight line. lol

Topgunner, **** happens :lol:

I once drove to Spalding in Lincolnshire on the say so of a very good mucka. When we got there, and we pay up front, the farmer said sorry things have changed lads. So we went to the boozer and I watched my mate get hammered on Guiness.

I drank orange juice, and to add insult to the injury, he pulled a SFT bird!

Totally gutted :lol:

LB been there and done that :lol: