Open Certificate

bionicle

How long did you guy's have your cert's for before you applied to have them opened?

I've had mine 2 1/2 years... is that long enough?

ive had my FAC for too long but have only just got round to asking for it..

i would have thought 2 1/2 years would be long enough but it will depend on the FEO and the issuing force.

apply, you have nothing to lose.

How long did you guy's have your cert's for before you applied to have them opened?

I was told 18 months when I initially asked my FAO. Forgot all about it for almost 2 years then had a few shoots come in that needed asap attention so rang up and asked again, a quick check on my licence and they said it wouldn't be a problem and to send my licence in for them to alter it to open.

I had mine for nine months (FAC Air, .17HMR and .22LR) before I asked for, and got, open conditions, but I had added around 2500 acres worth of permissions, and had been using ammo up like it was going out of fashion.

I think it depends as much/more on the amount of shooting experience you have, and your current usage, than on the length of time you have held the FAC. But this does vary from force to force.