Jim's tips and tricks Volume 1

jpw99

Tip 1

Don't park your motor about ten yards from your position as those pigeons might just notice it and divert elsewhere. I learn't that one to-day :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously, i don't normally do this but being lazy i just thought i would give it a go - bad mistake :< :< :< Not a sniff, and serves me right.

Cheers

Jim the geordie

Tip 2

Check your spelling before you post - oh no man (doe's and dont's) Too late now, never mind :lol:

Cheers

Jim

P.S. I have been known to spell IF wrong as well, still it takes a brave man to own up - others might have just hoped nobody would notice :lol::lol::lol:

I shoot out of the back of my landie sometimes.

Maybe your pink car is putting them off!

LB

Really :lol: but are you shooting at a decoy setup or just any thing that comes by?

Cheers

Jim

I shoot out of the back of my landie sometimes.

Maybe your pink car is putting them off!

LB

Really :lol: but are you shooting at a decoy setup or just any thing that comes by?

Cheers

Jim

Anything that comes by ;)

LB

Ah thats the difference - i should have made it clear that i was shooting over a decoy setup :lol::lol::lol:

Cheers

Jim

Tip 3 DO

Send the wife down town to buy a packet of skewers (spelling?) - they are like an extended tooth pick - very cheap, dip them in brown garden shed preservative, and use them to prop up your dead birds necks - :lol:

Cheers

Jim

Tip 4 Don't

Don't feel you have to reply to every post that you read or you will die before you have read them all, and worse still, i will die before i have had a chance to read them all :lol::lol::lol:;)

Cheers

:lol:

Jim

Tip 4 Don't

Don't feel you have to reply to every post that you read or you will die before you have read them all, and worse still, i will die before i have had a chance to read them all ;):P:lol::lol:

Cheers

Jim

:lol::lol::lol::P

Jim ,your a raving nutter buddy ,with all the doe-'s and doe-nts :lol: reading and righting ,ranting and raving ,how the hell do you expect to find time to get out and shoot athyning :lol: .

keep it up guy :lol:

Martin

You can also use your car to dissuade pigeons from dropping into the next field, particularly if it is a pink one!! :lol:  (Pink car, not field, silly!!!)

Now this one is not as daft as it sounds, for every negative there is a positive :lol: Now take note of this quoted tip written under my pseudonym of Invector :lol:

Cheers

Jim the geordie

(alias invector) :lol:

Guest Mr Pieman

Jim,

I park my Suzuki in the hedge and throw a cammo net over it, never seems to bother the birds.

Don't forget to wind the windows down as it reduces the chances of the sun glinting off the glass!!!!

PP

Tip 4 Don't

Don't feel you have to reply to every post that you read or you will die before you have read them all, and worse still, i will die before i have had a chance to read them all :P  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Cheers

Jim

:lol::lol::P B)

Jim ,your a raving nutter buddy ,with all the doe-'s and doe-nts :lol: reading and righting ,ranting and raving ,how the hell do you expect to find time to get out and shoot athyning ;) .

keep it up guy :lol:

Martin

Martin i just about manage man, i only wish there were more than 24hrs in the day. It's a real struggle keeping up wth everthing, and i am retired. i don't know how you working guys cope :o

Cheers Jim :lol:

Jim,

I park my Suzuki in the hedge and throw a cammo net over it, never seems to bother the birds.

Don't forget to wind the windows down as it reduces the chances of the sun glinting off the glass!!!!

PP

Oh no man ;) not another piece of kit to buy, :lol: still - another gem of an idea for those of a lazy disposition (no offence PP) :lol:

Again take note of this quoted tip and add it to my tally. I might not have thought of this one but i was instrumental in it's forthcoming :lol::lol:

Cheers

Jim

Tip 5 Don't. (this one will save you money and heartache)

Don't park your motor in swinging distance of a farm gate. I did this just yesterday. Thought i had closed gate properly and was in the boot getting gear out. Next thing i know theres this horrible clunk - Oh no man :lol::lol::lol:;) . My heart sank. My shiny one year old immaculate toyota hatch was not shiny and immaculate any more - oh no man :P Still, minor damage only. I should be able to rub out and cover with those nice little cover patches those nice people from toyota provide :lol:

It's a good thing i can take lifes little knocks and laugh about it later - Which brings be to Tip 6 Do - Always look on the bright side of life :lol::lol:

Cheers

Jim

Tip 7 Do.

If you are a smoker like me do take an ashtray with you into your field. Now you may well laugh at this suggestion but just think for a moment...........It's been very hot lately and the vegitation is tinder dry :lol: Drop that fag into the vegitation and before you can say where's my fire blanket, the field is on fire --oh no man :lol::lol:

And don't think the farmer will not notice anything amiss after you put it out (if you are lucky enough to put it out) - all that black smoke will sure to come to his attention - not good :lol: ("get your gun and get out of here and never darken my field again" :< :< :<

I would suggest using an old soup tin suitably painted green of course ;):P:lol:

Cheers

Jim

Tip 8 Don't.

If you go out and have the misfortune to not get a sniff of any creatures on the hit list do not get dispondent - don't give up, and better luck next time.

I use this tip a lot myself :lol::lol::lol:

Cheers

Jim

I take it you are going to pay me to keep my mouth shut about the tip you pinched from me??? :lol: 

The REAL INVECTOR!!! :lol:

Ok then, fare enough, the very least i will do is take all my contributors and helpers with me when i go to the palace to collect my award for services to pigeon watch tips and tricks. Can't say fairer than that can i. :( :thumbs:

Now to my next tip.........

Cheers

Jim

Tip 9 Don't.

Don't forget that another species has just been added to the pest list.

It's called Terroristis Lunaticia.

Dark in colour with a large mound on its back. Will often do a runner but can be brought down - though it usually takes 5 shots to kill it.

I am not sure about the new ruling regarding whether you have to shout Stop before you start shooting ---- best contact BASC for further info :thumbs:

Cheers :(

Jim

Tip 11 Do.

When you buy a motor for shooting pick one with metalic paint -it fends off brushes and bruises from those farm gates and the undergrowth when you have to pull over to the side on a one vehicle track.

Tip 11a Pick the roughest looking motor you can find (pref 4 by 4 as well) then it does not matter if you take a knock or two :(

Cheers

JIm

Tip 12 don't.

Don't always rely on google to answer your pigeon queries. I tried this myself and it kept pointing me back to this wonderful pigeon watch site and i got quite dizzy after a while :(

Cheers

JIm

Tip 13 Don't.

Getting back to transport - don't put controversial stickers on your motor as yobs may take offence and trash it in your absence. Some yobs may not take offence and still trash it :< :< - Best put no stickers on at all and stay anonymous :(

They might still trash it but at least you have done your best to try to avoid it :thumbs: :lol:

Cheers

Jim