Jim's tips and tricks Volume 1

jpw99

Tip 14 Do.

If you are tempted to do a lot of posts do take a little break from time to time and drink one or two tins of Newcastle to keep you going.

Tip 14a Do also have a little background music on to relax you. I relax with David Whitfield............David Who? i hear you say. I'll give you a clue - Cara mia and Answer me......I'm afraid you need to be of a mature age to rember this singer. Most who would remember him are probably dead now, but at least i am still here to appreciate him :(

Cheers :thumbs:

Jim

You can also use your car to dissuade pigeons from dropping into the next field, particularly if it is a pink one!! :( (Pink car, not field, silly!!!)

Quite right mate.

Another tip. opening your flask and pouring a coffee will guarentee a incoming bird :thumbs:

Please second degree burns :lol::lol::lol:

LB

Tip 13 Don't.

Getting back to transport - don't put controversial stickers on your motor as yobs may take offence and trash it in your absence. Some yobs may not take offence and still trash it :< :< - Best put no stickers on at all and stay anonymous :(

They might still trash it but at least you have done your best to try to avoid it :lol::lol:

Cheers

Jim

Another tip,

Have a motor like mine and you wont be able to tell if its been trashed.

:lol::lol:;);)

NO! I mean it :thumbs:

LB

You can also use your car to dissuade pigeons from dropping into the next field, particularly if it is a pink one!! :thumbs:  (Pink car, not field, silly!!!)

Quite right mate.

Another tip. opening your flask and pouring a coffee will guarentee a incoming bird :lol:

LB

Nice one son :( So will rolling a fag ;);)

Cheers

Jim

should move back north then jim no bloody yobs here ;)  ;)  :)  :P  B)

Oh i think there are mate, was up there on a visit a few weeks age ,and got sick of hearing the police cars with sirens running around catching them, and saw one lad in cuffs being led away to help with their enquiries :P One thing about geordies - always willing to help the police with their enquiries :thumbs: :lol::lol:

P.S. I did also hear that you now need an alarm system to protect your alarm system from being stolen :lol::lol:

Cheers

:(

Jim

should move back north then jim no bloody yobs here       

Its not that theres no yobs up there its the fact that there is no bloody jobs up there. :thumbs:

Trev From Chester-le-Street Co Durham, but in Basingstke to the last 20 years.

But up there is still home. :(

dont be forgetting the phone calls, or walkers

how do the pigeons know :lol:  :thumbs:

Funny you should mention phones Nick, thats already on my written list for another tip, but not i admit in the context of receiving a call :(

Thanks for that.

Cheers

Jim

Also dont forget the best pigeon magnet ever. :(

Get the little worm out for a quick slash and you are gauranteed to have traffic queing to be shot at. Have even shot them when doing it and not worried too much as I had my waterproof leggings on :lol: :thumbs:

On a seroius note, How do the pigeons know I only have the dogs and no gun. Get out of the car and leave if in the feild and take the dogs out pigeons everywhere.

Get out of the car with gun, let the dogs out and pigeons leave the woods 800yds away.

How do they know. Even deer know when I am only carrying the starting pistol for dog training and stand 15yds away laffing.

Trev

You can also use your car to dissuade pigeons from dropping into the next field, particularly if it is a pink one!! :thumbs:  (Pink car, not field, silly!!!)

Quite right mate.

Another tip. opening your flask and pouring a coffee will guarentee a incoming bird :lol:

LB

Nice one son :( So will rolling a fag ;);)

Cheers

Jim

so i learnt yesterday ....

Bloody hell :lol: looks like they are all after coming to the palace with me - i'll have to hire a minibus. :thumbs: thanks to all for added contributions since my last visit ..........on to my next tip.........can't keep my fellow members waiting, they need cheering up :lol::lol:

Cheers

Jim :(

Tip 16 Do.

Do buy a regular monthly magazine :( I buy Sporting Gun as it has more articles on pigeons and it will keep you informed on all things to do with shooting, there again so will these forums - best use both on a regular basis and you won't miss a thing :thumbs: :lol:

Cheers

JIm

Tip 17 Don't

Do not shoot those pigeons that come into your garden by your bird table. :< They are not the ones you are after, and besides they have only come down to eat the seeds that you have put out for them in the first place :lol:

A real plus side for not shooting these pigeons is getting to see them up close, and the sight of them does help you to remember what a pigeon looks like if you have a lot of bad days like i do :(

Tip 17a do remember there is always a downside to an upside, and the downside in this case is that they will still **** on your car even if they like your food :thumbs:

Cheers

Jim

Tip 18 do and don't.

Don't take your farmer for granted and do give him a bottle every year, and if i may suggest a little note by way of a thank you for allowing you to shoot on his land - remember not all shooters have this valuable access (just look at land wanted requests) and just look at the stampede when that very rare bird of a landowner offers shooting rights. :(

Cheers

Jim

Tip 19 Don't. This one could extend your life expectancy

If your cartridge does not fire at the firt attempt, do not remove it and put to one side. Instead, recock and fire again. If it still does not fire at the 2nd attempt remove carefully, keep it on the deck pointing away from you and gently use a stanley knife to separate the cap from the nasty bits, and then puch the cap with nail or whatever to make it safe :(

Cheers

Jim

Tip 21 Do.

Do Offer your residential neighbours a few pigeons or rabbit from time to time, especially the ones at either side. You are then much less likely to get complaints when you decide to have an air rifle practice session. Even better, offer to look after their cat or budgie while they are on holiday. Do the latter and you certainly won't get any complaints. If like me you are a top notch neighbour, life will be good to you. I live in a cul-de-sac and know virtually every one in the close. I have done free diy jobs for anyone who has asked me to help them (mostly older residents - i see a fair amount of funeral cars) It is good being able to help people and it is much appreciated. Although i have not expected anything in return, only good will i have been well rewarded with gifts, drink, fags, and not one but two legacies of £500.

Like i say,help others and life will be good to you :( :thumbs: :lol::lol:

Cheers

Jim

Tip 22 Do.

Do always take with you two important pieces of kit - a small trowel and some toilet paper (not a roll you understand, just enough folded up in your pocket, and note it must be on your person and not left back in your motor as you may not have time to get to it :( ) If you get caught short these items will come in very handy. Have only had to use this tip once myself, but i was very grateful at the time :thumbs: (must have been a bad tin of Newcastle - very rare)

Tip22a Don't.

Do not let any ramblers see you :P B) or you may be reported as a pevert or flasher (same thing really :lol::lol: ), and don't let the sheep see you either - they may be used to gunshots but but not the site of a bare backside poking out of a hedge :lol::lol:;)

Footnote: You know, i have never understood the law regarding urinating in a public place - when you have to go you have to go - end of story. I suppose they mean don't do it if there are any public about :lol::lol::lol: . So i must conclude that it's ok to do it in the street providing no one is looking ;):):P

Cheers

Jim

Tip 23 Do.

Do remember that trowel, as another good use for it is to bury anthing that you may have shot by accident :lol::lol:;) . It does happen from time to time so i am told :( No it hasn't happened to me yet - honest, and even if it had, i would never admit it.

Tip 23a Don't.

Don't try using a trowel to bury a sheep - you will need a shovel for that :thumbs: :lol::lol:

Cheers

Jim

Tip 24 Do.

Do please forgive me if from time to time i divert from the main topic and give lifestyle and other tips as well. a lot of the time one is linked to the other.

My aim is to impart wisdom, inform, add humor and generally brighten up your day in this sad word that we live in :thumbs: :lol:

Sincerely

Jim the geordie.

P.S. I also want to increase my chances of an award at the palace for services to pigeon watch forums :(