Crimping a pump action

cdb

You'll have to get it re-proofed, so after the crimp and it being sent off (all by the RFD) it has to be checked by the proof house and send back. Including the cost of packaging and posting I'm guessing you wouldn't want to attempt it with less than £150 in your pocket.

You'll have to get it re-proofed, so after the crimp and it being sent off (all by the RFD) it has to be checked by the proof house and send back. Including the cost of packaging and posting I'm guessing you wouldn't want to attempt it with less than £150 in your pocket.

Jesus, I never thought it would be that much.

:blink: CDB why not just buy a pump that's a 3 shot :blink:

It's looking like it, yeah. I was thinking about a Mossberg but most old (i.e. cheap) ones look a bit beaten up so I looked into getting a nice new stock, forend and slightly shorter barrel. I then saw a tidy looking cheap FAC Mossberg for sale. After totalling the cost of an older model plus new parts, this came out dearer than the FAC model. However, now I'm hearing the crimping and reproofing might add the thick end of £150 to the bill, my first option is looking more realistic. I have to remember I'll only be buying this for a bit of fun.

Thanks for the advice chaps. Helpful and informative as ever. Cheers.

You should just look at 3 shot shotguns. Al the hassle that would be involved in getting it crimped would put the seller completely off, as he'd have to get all the work and proofing done under his ticket and then sell it to you.

There are plenty of 3 shot ones about. Just ask on here and someone will more than likely be selling one in your area.

Hi

Have you a reason for a pump action rather than a semi?

TH

Nothing written in stone. I shoot an O/U but was talking to a chap at the club who loves his pump. I thought it sounded like fun. I have a couple of hundred quid to spare. I got to looking at the SF style Mossbergs and thought they looked pretty cool - childish I know...