Man shot

dazza

Lets hope that the chap was infact a terrorists, and not a pakistanni shoplifter who ran when he got caught pinching a mars bar from the Kiost!!!!!!!!

That is assuming they have a basic command of the english language MRobinson.

.............just imagine

If you were a visiter in a foreign country, and didnt understand the language, and 3 burly blokes yelled at you and chased you with a pointed a gun..... I would envisgae that you too would **** your pants and run like Joe ****!!!!!!!!

Lets hope that this was indeed a legitimate killing of a terrorist suspect, and nothing more sinicter!!! 

Paul,

I don't think the Met would have spend half of yesterday and all this morning following a poor, unsuspecting visitor or non-english speaking national 

PP

It seems; Mr Pieman, that my initial views on the breaking news was infact the true story after all. ' Gasp.....Horror'......No No.No.. Mr . Pieman......our Met wouldn' t spend half a day following a poor,. unsuspecting non- english speaking national........ before blatting him in the head five times would they now?????:D?:(?:o

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally understand that in the interests of national security, inevitably mistakes will; and are easily made.

The needs of the many outway to needs of the few

Furthermore I also realise that 'yes' if you are not guilty of any crime, then why run....but then again..............who amongst us is perfect?

Its just a shame that this young man met such an untimely demise......non of us are saints...............and in light of the recent bombings he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

In conclusion I wonder what undercurrents this may have stirred between anglo - eastern relations....and what will happen next

I fear that this adopted 'shoot to kill' polocy, which is naturally required, will only fuel the inferno............. there are some worrying times ahead,. ???

I refer to my original post on this subject where I applauded the shooting of the bomber but added my reservations about a plain clothes man having the power to act as judge,jury and executioner.

I agree with the general consensus that the shooting was necessary and unavoidable albeit a terrible mistake.

However If the guy had been wired up we wouldnt be having this debate now.

I also agree with Ern, and in my opinion, for what its worth, Plain Clothed Officers should not be issued with Firearms, only uniformed Officers.

Obviously this Poor Brazilian Guy had some cause to flee the PLAIN clothed Officers possibly because he couldnt identify them and possibly because their portugese was not good. If you were approached by 1/2 dozen seemingly civilians ranting and shouting at you in Sao Paulo, what would you do ? Leg it ?... I certainly would.

The whole affair is extremely regrettable but unfortunately in the Global Fight against these Murdering Assasins will no doubt result in the loss of more innocent lives.

FM.

Whilst at work today in Aylesbury Station the police were on security alert, a warning comes in that the bus bomber is on a train coming in from Brum, 19 armed coppers are waiting on the platform, off get the passengers next thing a guy is on the ground with about 3 guns pointed at him on go the cuffs. After about 20 minutes he is off the hook wrong man, the cops got him a coffee and off he went. The thing is if he had tried to run away BANG. You must feel sorry for people if they are wrongly ID`D, but do not run. As an after thought when you are caught up in these events as we were today you just deal with it it is only afterwards you think did that just happen at my place of work. Years ago i almost joined the police seeing those blokes in action today i wish i had done.

Maybe they can get the IRA's now they don't need them.

Lets keep praying that this is how it is - I am sick of terrist no matter what their b***dy cause. A life is a life. In this day and age in the west there is enough moderators in the EU to ensure fairness if the case is presented intelligently.

You guy talk about how did London survive the war? That is easy. Its call SPIRIT. No terrist can destroy that. We have had over 40 yrs of terrist action here. View decent people here haven't been affected by it, it is SPIRIT that has brough us through.

Sometimes that SPIRIT is in God, other have it in something else, either way SPIRIT is hard to put down

The story I heard was the guy has been working here in the UK for 3 years as a sparky, he could speak good English. He was wearing a large duffle jacket and was approached outside the subway station by 4 plain clothed armed police men. He instantly ran down into the subway, jumped the ticket barrier and ran onto a waiting train. I also heard he didn't have a work visa and was working Illegally, hense his reason for running.

Mark.