Top marks for Humberside Firearms division

casts_by_fly

Hi All,

Contrary to the W-Yorks thread, I'd like to give top marks to East Yorks (Humberside). In the past 2 1/2 years I've not had a single problem with them including 2 variations and now an address change. In this particular instance, they processed an address change, a 1:1 swap, and a house inspection in 2 weeks. When the chap showed up this morning to inspect the cabinet, there was a problem on the FAC. He personally re-wrote it today and is going to drop it through my home letter box tonight on his way home so that I can have to to go back to the US in the morning. Top guy in my book. I had no reason to expect that they would get it done in 2 weeks to suit my travel plans and I am thoroughly pleased.

Thanks

Rick

Rick sounds good, my experience with Herts is pretty top notch as well, last variation was posted on a friday arranged the meeting on Monday, met me on Wednesday and the ticket was back with me the following friday. You can't ask for more than that and really if they dealt with them fast it would stop that pile on the desk just getting bigger.

I got my SGC about a week ago from humberside firearms after waiting about 4 months and hundreds of phone calls chasing them up, i think they have gone down hill since my last application about 6 years ago it took about 4 weeks from application to getting my certificate through door. What i was surprised about was they paid for a medical report from my GP costing £34 i only paid £50 for the certificate firearms unit must loose money only charging this ammount and paying for reports and FEO's time and paper work.so i suppose for what money they get from certificate applications and renewals, they do the best they can they are stretched and have more important matters I.E murders, rapists and drug dealers to arrest. So shouldn't moan really but both officers who visited me one for my interview and other to check my cabinet security were not firearms officers there had been asked to call when they had time from doing other duties and one was a PCSO.