Spring powered air rifle.

steve_b_wales

I want to purchase a spring powered/break barrel air rifle in .22. I only want it for the occasional rabbit shoot on a golf course, because .22LR was refused by the powers to be.

I don't want to spend a fortune on something that will only be used, maybe once a month.

There are loads out there to choose from.

What would you recommend?

Thanks

Steve.

I have a Webley Stingray XS carbine .22 break barrel spring rifle and would recommend it. It's moderated, costs about £250, scope is extra which you need because it does not have open sights fitted (mines fitted with a Hawke Sport thanks to Bluesunshine :blink: ). My mate has a Weirauch and its also a good spring rifle for dropping bunnies, but more expensive and heavier.

Happy shopping

I'd go for a better second hand for air rifle, as it's always nice to use a better quality one. It's not as though you need to worry about barrel wearing out or such like.

I picked up a second hand AirArms TX200 with equipment for £150 off this very site.

If new a BSA or Weihrauch :blink: :good:

second hand tx200hc, hw97k, hw95k, hw80. i would go for either of these because as you state it wont be used too often. all of these guns will perform 100% , be chucked back in the cabinet, and perform 100% the next time. Gamo's are good value but the triggers are pants(grt upgrade blade about£30), bit twangy, but might be worth a look. I had a tx200 before going to pcp and it was excellent. Had a hw80 years ago and it too was excellent, if a bit agricultural(compared to tx). A mate had a 97k which was very good and a couple of weeks ago i had a few shots with a 95k and was impressed. probably the best spring break barrel around, fairly light as well. steer clear of anything chinese (unless its wrapped in chow-mein)!.......jamie

I want to purchase a spring powered/break barrel air rifle in .22. I only want it for the occasional rabbit shoot on a golf course, because .22LR was refused by the powers to be.

I don't want to spend a fortune on something that will only be used, maybe once a month.

There are loads out there to choose from.

What would you recommend?

Thanks

Steve.

What was the reason it was refused ( if you don't mind me asking ) as i have a golf course thats in the middle of nowhere an was thinking of applying for fac .22lr or .17hmr? :P

Permission for.22LR refused because of public footpaths nearby. I have an open ticket, but my mate, who applied, has not. This may have been the governing factor?

I'm not against air rifles, I think most of us started out with one. Me, though, started my 'shooting life' with a very high powered, .177 GAT. :lol: