Advice on buying a shotgun

stuart21

Hi,

After a few years I have taken up clay pigeon shooting again and am looking at buying a shotgun. I have just submitted my license application so fingers crossed on that one.

I am looking at spending between £600 - £800 (maybe a bit more) and am not sure what to buy. I have been told that it is very much to do with how comfortable the gun feels and they I should try as many as possible.

I am just looking for advice on whether my money would be well spent buying a new modern manufactured gun or whether I would be better buying a secondhand more traditional gun such as Browning or Beretta.

I enjoy shooting sporting clays and would eventually like to get into game shooting, so any advice would be appreaciated.

Cheers

Stuart

just get a decent berretta or browning over and under, find one that fits well and it will do you fine for clays and as you progress into game shooting.

If you nip into Stuteleys in Baldock which i'm guessing isn't too far away from you they should be able to give you some good pointers and usually have a fair stock

Edited by al4x