Storing cartidges in the shed?

cdb

Is there any reason why I shouldn't store cartidges in the shed?

I was thinking about buying a 1000 - to make it as cheap as possible in the long run - and want to keep them in a locked box (away from my inquisitive daughter). The problem being that a lock box for a 1000 carts is pretty big, so I thought about putting the box in the shed.

Anyone else do this?

Don't do, damp and cold, especially this time of year.

Carts need to be above 20C I belive, which at the moment is very unlikely in a shed, plus there will be condenstation etc if the box is metal.

Myself and many others choose the bottom/top of a wardrobe to keep slabs of carts.... or under the bed.

Many dealers keep the bulk of their cartridge stocks outside in old containers and bring them into the shop as required.It doesn't seem to do them any harm.I buy in bulk and keep them in my,very secure,garage and bring them indoors a 1000 at a time.As I understand it cartridges should be brought up to room temperature before use. Many years ago I acquired a load of old paper cased cartridges that had been stored in an unheated concrete store for about ten years.They worked perfectly.

Last time around I bought 10,000 plus carts and kept them in my shed and used them over the following year.

Just bring a slab indoors a week before you need them (on a rolling basis) and hey presto you will always have atleast 250 warm and dry carts on hand and ready to go.

That being said, I took some carts out that had been in the shed for 2 years solid and there was nowt wrong with them.

Obviously store them in the 250 thick card board boxes.