dangerous

pete k

hi there guys , went out yesterday for a really good look about around all my shoots but found that the pigeons were no where to be found not even on the rape stubbles so went to a shoot just down the road from me where i took 75 on friday on stubble but to my surprise found that some-one else had already set up which really annoyed me as no-one had been shooting the fields before . on further look found out they were the farm hands so i did not mind at all , so i sat at the road side and watched the shooting which was quite good , when it came time to have a pick up and leave the hide i was shocked to find there was not 1 person in the hide but 4 sat side be side all shooting if that not a recipe for disaster i dont know what is but to make it worse the farmer knew this so in the end i left them to it and hopefully there was no accidents .

pete

Four shooting from the same hide takes some organising, if it is to be done safely and it needs a big hide (assuming they were using four guns and not sharing one).

Taking into account the circumstances......they were farm workers from the Farm on which you have generously been granted permission to shoot the pigeons, I would strongly suggest that you forget about it quickly. :unsure: :yp:

Sounds like Italians to me I`ve seen them do this before,but the worst was 6 of them circling a warren whilst ferreting they insisted that they wouldn`t shoot each other and that way they could all shoot and no rabbits would escape :yp: they were told in no uncertain terms they were to stand in line and not to move :unsure:

Henry - whilst you may have had bad experiences with Italians, there is one Italian that uses this site and he's a top bloke and safe too. I think the advice left by Cranners is excellent - it's so easy to bite the hand that feeds :unsure: