Broken Foregrip on English BLNE

ochre

Hi folks. I was decoying last week with my Webley & Scott side by side and just I raised the gun for my first bird the foregrip split and fell off! I don't know what I was more angry about - my gun disintegrating or being unable to shoot a decent pigeon.

I would really appreciate your advice on how to fix this problem so that it is safe and attractive. I am thinking of selling the gun because I have too many but it would be nice to sell it complete :unsure:

Thanks in advance for your help!

When mine split into 3 pieces after it fell on the floor, I got my son-in-law who is a chippy to repair it. He pinned and glued it back together and it lasted me until I traded it in 3 years later.

The gun dealer didn't notice any sign of a repair unless of course he was making that much money out of the new gun he sold me and he didn't bother. :unsure:

She is a poorly girl, lol.

If you cant run to the price of a pro repair or anew un then this is what I would suggest:

Get a powder glue called caskamite, it is the best glue you can use on it bar none. put the stock back together with the glue. before you do that note and mark whare the thickest parts of the fore end are. once the glue has set get a 4 mm drill and drill all the way threw.

Get a pice of hard wood, with wood working tools cut it long enough to go all the way threw and about 4mm square (4mm is a minimum). Dril a hole in a pice of metal with the 4mm bit then slowly tap your square 4mm peg through the round 4mm hole you should end up with a perfect 4mm dowel. smear pegs with more caskamite and gently tap through the fore end then trim to length and perhaps use a bit of repair wax to help blend it in if you dont want to go to the extent of refinishing the whole thing.

Dave