please recommend me a .223

sharpshot

i am looking to change my rifle up a slight notch to a .223 or a 22-250. i currently have a t3 hunter and was thinking of just gettin the same in the new calliber. can anyone recommend me a decent no fuss rifle to have a look at.

i was looking at the remmy 700 but have heard that it needs a lot of tinkering to get it right???

all help welcomed

remington do a straight pull AR15 called the VTR, dont know what they shoot lke but they look cool.

thought about a winchester mod70? I have one in 22/250, it kicks a bit and is too fast for its own good but the groupings are good and it fits well as it has a bell&carlson stock fitted as standard.

personally i wouldn't have had a 22/250 but my FLO advised that before i get onto the big stuff i might need a bit of experience first.

whats wrong with browning?

Stick with the tikka. Remis take a bit of fiddling with to get them on the same par. Ive heard good things about the CZ centerfires but ive not yet had an opportunity to try one.

thought so think ill stick with a tikka.t3. thanks for all your comments tho. will take a look at the brownings aswell.

Used to have a cz 527 in .243 shot all right but dont want another cz

How are you going to shoot anything bigger if you think a 22-250 kicks?

Get a lot of muzzle flip with it, it doesn't have as much recoil maybe,as something larger, but it does feel off balance. its also quite light which doesn't help either. got it screw cut but no mod yet, i was told fitting a mod might help, but not sure which one.

what really surprised me is my FLO recommended this rifle knowing that it was my first centrefire.

Tikka are good value for money. They seem to shoot well out of the box. I had a Remington vssf which was very accurate but they seem over priced to me. Remingtons are good if you want to bolt bits on and they can be made to really shoot, but the factory barrels are not consistent and I don't think too much of the newer stocks on the cheaper models.

Get a lot of muzzle flip with it, it doesn't have as much recoil maybe,as something larger, but it does feel off balance. its also quite light which doesn't help either. got it screw cut but no mod yet, i was told fitting a mod might help, but not sure which one.

what really surprised me is my FLO recommended this rifle knowing that it was my first centrefire.

A moderator will take out some of the recoil but the big advantage is you lose the muzzle blast and noise. Once you shoot it with a moderator you will never go back. Lighter bullets will also cut down on recoil. have you tried shooting 40gr bullets?