air arms s410k .22

kipper

hello chaps,

I have a air arms s410k .22 and a 0ring has appeared right at the backend of the action where the loading bolt goes into the gun. B)

does anybody now how i get this back into place, ? :lol:

will this cause the gun to lose power.? :lol:

is this a common problem.?

any advice would be graitfully received, thanks in advance :(

kipper :lol:

Hi mate,

have had a couple of S410s and seen pleanty of them, some had this little oring between the action and the bolt handle some didnt.

If your at all worried about it put a few shots over a chrono if you have access to one.

you may fidn the air arms web site usful though as they have the owners manual and a parts diagram. you could always try contacting air arms direct abouthis if your at all worried about it.

air arms web page here

ROB :(

hello chaps,

I have a air arms s410k .22 and a 0ring has appeared right at the backend of the action where the loading bolt goes into the gun. B)

does anybody now how i get this back into place, ? :lol:

will this cause the gun to lose power.? B)

is this a common problem.?

any advice would be graitfully received, thanks in advance :(

kipper :lol:

Hi,

no loss of power will not make any difference, only there to grip the bolt as it is pushed down after cocking, :lol: check out the. instruction booklet, not a big problem replacing, or as previous post check out A.A address on tinternet ???

Thanks for your replies gents thats put my mind at rest. B)

I will have a look at the manual,

and thanks for that web site rob that will come in handy.

how do you find the s410 for hunting,

Im verry pleased with the gun overall its everythin i wanted in a air rifle its light compact and verry accurate. but ive been thinking about fitting a sling to the gun to make it easier when walking long distances.

can anybody recomend a suitable one for this gun, :(

thanks again. kipper :lol:

hi,if like me you dont really want to start screwing things into your stock/forend think about a "cheater" sling, fits in 30seconds,hangs your rifle across your body ready for instant use(you know,the moment on a mooch when you look left and theres a bunny munching grass 20yds away)cant fault it,if you want pics email me,terry :( B) :lol:

hi,if like me you dont really want to start screwing things into your stock/forend think about a "cheater" sling, fits in 30seconds,hangs your rifle across your body ready for instant use(you know,the moment on a mooch when you look left and theres a bunny munching grass 20yds away)cant fault it,if you want pics email me,terry :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Now where did you get that idea mate :( B) B) ?????????

Edited by hawkeye

the S410 was the best PCP i have ever had! spot on accurate and no problems in the field. Put an early end to many rabbits :( only sold it as wanted to try out as many rifles as i could before i settled on one, its the only one out of 24(ish) rifles i have had that i really do miss :lol:

ROB B)

hi,if like me you dont really want to start screwing things into your stock/forend think about a "cheater" sling, fits in 30seconds,hangs your rifle across your body ready for instant use(you know,the moment on a mooch when you look left and theres a bunny munching grass 20yds away)cant fault it,if you want pics email me,terry :(  B)  :lol:

Is that done with some kind of running loop (noose) type fixing? I could do with something to help me lug the TXHC around on the forty five degree slopes on my shooting up near Alston. Starting to feel my age up there, loose concentration, and I'm sliding downhill on my ****.

Edited by Evilv

As my mate Mr Fixit said they are great, been using one now for about 2 years they are great with night vision as the gun hangs across your front.

They have rubber loops on each end that you just slip over the barrel, but will ask Mr Fixit to post pic he's better at it than me. :yp: ???:):shoot::shoot:

Edited by hawkeye

hi,if like me you dont really want to start screwing things into your stock/forend think about a "cheater" sling, fits in 30seconds,hangs your rifle across your body ready for instant use(you know,the moment on a mooch when you look left and theres a bunny munching grass 20yds away)cant fault it,if you want pics email me,terry :shoot:  :yp:  :(

Is that done with some kind of running loop (noose) type fixing? I could do with something to help me lug the TXHC around on the forty five degree slopes on my shooting up near Alston. Starting to feel my age up there, loose concentration, and I'm sliding downhill on my ****.

Been through Alston on way to lakes a few times mate you need to be part mountain goat on them hills.

rather you than me i can tell you. ???:):shoot:

hi guys,re cheater sling,i got one of these after using hawkeye's nv setup ,to try and carry my aas410,falcon nv,logun lamp(ir filter fitted)around for about 2 hours bunny bashing was getting to be a real pain,arm ache/back ache you name it,and when it came to taking a shot trying to keep the gun steady,the "cheater" solves all that,it is a fabric covered rubber webbing sling with a loop at either end,one goes around the pistol grip and the other over the barrel/air receiver,in use "right arm through ,sling over left shoulder,gun hangs across chest",walk around like this until you want to use scope then because sling is stretchy,as you mount gun push it away from you and let the sling pull it back into your shoulder,it sounds complicated but once you get used to it it feels great,because it snugs the stock into you and helps take some of the weight off your left arm,i wouldn't be without one now,it also makes reloading the 10 shot mag much easier because you can pull the mag',and let the gun hang while using both hand to refill/refit mag'. buying:- i got mine off of e bay for £17,so all i can suggest is phone your local g/shops, if any one wants pics e mail me at terrya.rowles@virgin.net and i'll take some and send,cheers guys hope this is of some help,terry ???:):shoot:

:shoot: just sent mr fixit a e-mail.

cant wait to see pics of that cheta sling, ???

any one else used one. :)

hawkeye i absolutely love the lakes, special place for me ( proposed to wife up there) usually stop in kesick, at woodside B&B seanary is stunning. feels like another part of the world to me. i live in derbyshire and its nice around hear but its not a patch on the lakes.

thanks for replies chaps kipper, :shoot:

Edited by kipper

I see your still an ugly old Bas---d mate you should have got Jo to model the sling damn site better looking.... :( :D:D B) :P:D