10 pointer roe buck

sako751sg

post-18885-1258575224.jpgpost-18885-1258575060.jpg

This is a buck i had saw for the last two years,but only once each year.This May i watched him with a doe,but when i was getting down for the shot he went onto marching ground.He was approx 300 yards away,and although i knew he was multi pointed,i has no idea he was so big.Then in June i went out early morning,and decided to take the Sako with me just in case,although i was still on crutches.This time,he was only 30 yards from the roadside,and i managed to get out the jeep,and get within 50 yards of him.He dropped on the spot,and he turned out to be 17kg,slightly going back with very worn teeth.Although i have bigger heads,this one stands out more for being so unique.

Cheers all.Was offered a mounting,but i hadnt kept the cape,and with the shape of the coronets it wouldnt have been good to get an appropriate one as they are very sloped.Its is on a plaque,and with the uniqueness of the head and the circumstances of only seeing him 3 times in two years,makes him a special trophy.It just shows that you never know what will turn up.I have had most of my permissions for about 10 years,and in that time i have never shot more than 10 does a year,against 30-40 bucks.Not a great believer in the cull ratios usually quoted,and never have any probs with the numbers.If there is a problem due to damage,then i will shoot to please,and having culled 38 bucks this year with 1 gold,2 silvers and 2 bronze,it is a very good/lucky ratio of medal heads.