advice on aplication fire arms! please

mrgsm

mrgsm: Your FAC says that the police have to assess the land for safety.

IE it is not an "open" cert, which is where YOU are the judge of whether it is safe to shoot over the land.

In all cases though, you have to have permission to shoot on that land..

As for a "semi-open " cert: I have never heard of one of those.

FG

Some police forces tie you to specific piece of land, not just police approved

my fac is quite new, and as i understand it closed ticket means i can shoot over any ground(with permission of course) as long as it has been assessed as suitable by police/flo etc.

And open ticket means i can assess the ground myself.

Is this right?

I just check with landowner if i'm going to a ground which isnt specifically listed on my ticket or phone flo and give them os grid ref just to be sure

Edd

Some police forces tie you to specific piece of land, not just police approved

On the technicality side of things, there is no Semi Open, as said, it is Open or Closed.

In any situation where you are restricted to a specific piece of land you have a Closed Certificate, with ADDITIONAL conditions!

It does not make a Certificate "Semi Open" when you can shoot on police approved land, it is still closed!

Cheers!! :welcomeani:

my fac is quite new, and as i understand it closed ticket means i can shoot over any ground(with permission of course) as long as it has been assessed as suitable by police/flo etc.

Is this right?

I just check with landowner if i'm going to a ground which isnt specifically listed on my ticket or phone flo and give them os grid ref just to be sureEdd

You can never be sure of any answer from a landowner or farmer, etc, etc.

The only way to be sure you are within the conditions of your FAC is to check with the police region you are in!

You can never be sure of any answer from a landowner or farmer, etc, etc.

The only way to be sure you are within the conditions of your FAC is to check with the police region you are in!

Yeah thats wot i do. Surely for the sake of a phone call its worth checking every ground even if the landowner says its passed?!?!?

I'm just gonna go for a .22 250 and some of my grounds say they are covered but i will be phoning for every ground with that too, even when i know its ok for .22. If nothing else it creates a good impression with your flo

Edd

• 2 weeks later...

Is this right?

I just check with landowner if i'm going to a ground which isnt specifically listed on my ticket or phone flo and give them os grid ref just to be sure

Edd

if you have ground that you think may be police approved then you need to confirm this with gwent police . assuming it has been approved then they will put a note on your file that you have permission to shoot that ground and will also send you confirmation in writing . if it isn't approved then they can approve it for you . this is what they done with me .

i also had to wait 4 years before i could apply for an open certificate . once you have an open cert. you can assess the ground yourself but still need the landowners permission ( usually in writing ) before using the firearm on the land .

gwent police also like to see how much ammo you are using a year before deciding if they grant a renewal or change to an open cert.

i personally found gwent police very difficult , maybe things have changed now . who knows .