how do u re-fill a PCP from a stirrup pump?

rabbit assassin

hi, I just traded in my HW90 and got a new RWS bolt action PCP. The guy sold me a stirrup pump to refill it and explained how to use it, but it wont work! I have the adaptor on the end of the stirrup pump and put it in the re-fill hole on the pcp canister, tightend up the screw thingy on the pump and started pumping. nothing happens. Tried again and same result. Tried losening the screw but that didnt work so i took the adaptor out and pumped and air came through so dunno whats going rong.

if anyone could tell me how to do it would really appreciate, thanks, James :good:

Make sure all the connectors etc. done up tight as a tight thing, and try cocking the gun (UNLOADED of course :good:), could be that the hammer is holding the valve open, cocking it will take the pressure off the valve and let is close (only works if the gun is empty). If that doesn't work then the seals may need replacing.

I think on some of the addapters is'nt there a grub screw that you remove to fill with stirrup pump and leave in to fill

with divers bottle to stop the gun getting damaged, ther is on the bsa ultra i know that, so it might be your problem,

hope this helps. Also spin the pump handle as if you were tightening it as i think this used to make a difference on

my mates.. :good:

I agree can take a while from what i remember when i had mine.

Other thing if its like a air arms? if the cylinder is completely empty then you have to have the cocking bolt back or it just push's the air straight down the barrel. If there is some air left in the tank then you dont need to.

Try the above first.

It may be that the pump is knackered. Does it actually show any pressure on the gauge on the pump? On my pump for example, the first pump i do will take it to about 25bar, 2nd to 50bar etc... Takes about 16 pumps to get my s410 from 0 bar to 200bar.

However, on my knackered old pump, I can pump like mad and after a long while it will get to 80bar, but refuse to let me pump any more into the gun!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Logun pump which i use to fill my Sam Yang.. Total *** buster!! 150 strokes at 50#'s each.. Check the o rings on the probe.. Make sure the female end is clean ( :good: ) rust free as you want the ring to have proper seal.. I would also hit the probe with some silicone.. Never use petroleum based lubes as the rubber O ring will be compromised..

• 4 weeks later...

Buy a springer :good:

Seriously though: check all the connections are tight - use a couple of wrenches to tweak the air/particle filers tight (but not too tight - you don't want to strip threads); make sure the bleed valve is nice and tight (usually at the back of the pump - finger tight only). If this all fails, it may be the pump's goosed.

Edited by Egg

• 1 month later...
Hi James,

I'm down the road in Bidford - if you need a hand from a diving cylinder, please let me know.

Plus PM me if you fancy going out shooting anywhen smile.gif

Cheers,

Andy

Nice one Andy75 you are what I consider a nice bloke, shooting needs more like you :sick: