Forbytoo or Napier Super Clean

MJN

I use both forbytoo for my target rifle as the jag is designed to use it and is the right size. I use Napier super clean in my shotguns, you need about a foot of it to go around a jag but you can reverse it and use it twice per length.

I find that forbytoo is too thin to go on a shotgun jag and you have to use several bits to get it tight enough. Forbytoo isn't expensive if you buy the large rolls of it. If you buy the little boxes it is.

If you want some to try let me know, I have both at home.

Cheers

Martin

thanks MC for the offer, I've used the small patches of forbytoo up to now, but I've just ordered some super clean as the cost was so small it was worth trying, you say you need 12" is that to get the right thickness (I can see some comments coming on this).

and as 14m of super clean was a 1/3 the price of 15m of forbytoo it seems a cheaper option

M.

thanks MC for the offer, I've used the small patches of forbytoo up to now, but I've just ordered some super clean as the cost was so small it was worth trying, you say you need 12" is that to get the right thickness (I can see some comments coming on this).

and as 14m of super clean was a 1/3 the price of 15m of forbytoo it seems a cheaper option

M.

Yes,

About a foot, you may have to do a bit of trial and error but it is about that long. It depends how tight you like it :good:

Apache,

If you were a true yorkshireman you would have wrapped your jag in masking tape so you only needed about an inch and a half of super clean, and even then you would reverse it and use both sides.

Edited by MC

Apache,

If you were a true yorkshireman you would have wrapped your jag in masking tape so you only needed about an inch and a half of super clean, and even then you would reverse it and use both sides.

That's a bloody good idea! If I ever meet you in a pub I may buy you a half :hmm:

I use napier vp90 patches they come in a box of ten i think each individually sealed cleans metal and wood and gives gun excellent protection and a good finish i also have a napier vp90 pad in my gun safe lasts 10 months and stops corrosion and gives added protection to everything in the safe.

With the amount I use cleaning my gun I'd be broke if I used a commercial

product.

I use kitchen roll, folded in half, this is then bent over the top of the jag, scrumpled in

and given a quick squirt of napier gun cleaner.

Nial.

So thats 38 strips of superclean and 190 pieces of fourby (I use a 1 1/2 piece width folded in two so it gives a decent barrel fit). @ 2 strips of superclean = 19 cleans and @ 4 pieces of fourby = 47 cleans.

Guess the fourbytoo wins on the economy front. There again, as I have a young nephew in the RN who supplies me some nice fat rolls of fourbytoo, it always was the better buy.