WHICH RIFLE

winchester6500

Hi

I am looking to buy a new .243 rifle for foxes and have thought about a Winchester model 70 or browning a-bolt has anyone got any thoughts :) on these gun?

Many thanks

Paul

Hi, Had the Winchester coyote mod 70 laminated stock and varmint barrel in .22-250, it was excellent and one of the most accurate rifles I have ever owned, unfortunatly it weighed a ton, with the scope and T8 it wieghed around 12Lbs. I was taking roe with it up to 200Yds. but it was just too heavy to lug around the hills with, so very reluctantly I sold it for a Tikka 590. which is a lot lighter and very accurate also.

I have another 3 CZ's in other calibers and to be honest I think they are the nicest of the lot, good build quality and very accurate for the money. :good:

Bob.

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently bought an A bolt in .223, put a Schmidt and Bender 8 x 50 on it and after zeroing it shot a 3/8" group (5) at 100 yards on home loads of 40 gr vmax. Its nice and short, factory screwed for a moderator, and light enough to carry about all day. Its early days yet and I haven't done any distance work with it but it gets 10/10 up to now and is exeptional value for money at under £500 from John Carr's near Doncaster. Its a touch heavy on the trigger for me, but that's not always a bad thing. I've shot a T3 and its a different animal alltogether, you wouldn't want to use it from a vehicle or carry it far. Still a good accurate rifle though, but will be about £150 dearer.