Falcon fn Vs HW80

waynecbr

pretty new on here so would like a bit of info from you experienced shooters :) i am on the look out for a air rifle and have always been a fan of wierurch in particular i was thinking of getting a hw80 . but i have seen some good reviews about the falcon fn . what do you think is best for hunting rabbit . must admit i dont relish the thought of having to keep filling up a gun with air but is it worth the effort for the resultls not much diff in the price :good:

A falcon would be your best bet for hunting, the hw80 is a great gun but too noisy and it'll scare off any rabbits after the first shot.

You should be able to get at least 70 full power shots from the falcon before it needs recharging, but you'll also need a stirrup pump or bottle to fill up with. Is this falcon a multi shot? might be handy..

A falcon would be your best bet for hunting, the hw80 is a great gun but too noisy and it'll scare off any rabbits after the first shot.

You should be able to get at least 70 full power shots from the falcon before it needs recharging, but you'll also need a stirrup pump or bottle to fill up with. Is this falcon a multi shot? might be handy..

Not if it's an fn8.:good:

It really depends what you are looking for and what your budget is. And tbh, the sound of the pellet strike on the bunny's skull will be loud enough to scare any other rabbits that are close by away, wether you use a Falcon or a HW80.:good:

If you are looking for a nice light gun, maybe something for laying up over warrens and shooting off a bipod, then go for the Falcon. If, on the other hand, you aren't too bothered about weight, and are looking for a very reliable gun for mainly walked up shooting, and you don't want to spend extra on charing gear etc, then the HW80 all the way.B) One more point, as the HW80 is a springer, it will take more skill to shoot accurately, but it is the gun I would choose.:no:

After I bought a Falcon I never used my spring guns again. I could never get the same accuracy with a spring gun that I could with my Falcon. Pumping it up is a pain in the rear, but the lack of recoil, light weight and accuracy for me made my spring air rifles redundant.

realistically how many shots do you get between filling up . i have a mates bsa ultra at the mo and i am not to impressed . seriuosly think it has an air leak cause it did not shoot many pellets before it ran out . i even think there is a pellet still up the barrel .very poor imo.

After I bought a Falcon I never used my spring guns again. I could never get the same accuracy with a spring gun that I could with my Falcon. Pumping it up is a pain in the rear, but the lack of recoil, light weight and accuracy for me made my spring air rifles redundant.

i mate iv just got myself a fn 19 an il tell ya wot u put a desent sight on it an ul be hitting ur target easyly at 40m dunno passed that but they are very accurate and iv been getting around 60 shoots out of it before filling i would reconmend it mate !!! fantastic rifle loads of fun !!! :good:

thanks for that . will seriuosly give it some thought . :wub: