Newsflash

deadeye ive

Reading to-days Daily Mail there is an article on Rabbit Population Explosion and the farmers want the Reintroduction of Mixie to combat this .

Now from keeping an eye on previous threads some of yous want tips for getting land .

Cut this Article out

If you hav'nt got the following ,Moleskins ,Tattershall shirt,and Tweed or wax Jacket then purchase them.......no need for a pheasant tie or...........flat cap :P

DON'T turn up in real tree or DPM

From asking at the local pub or village post office you'll no doubt know the name of who you are addressing.

Show him the article once polite introductions are made and ask it it is possible to carry out pest control.

Unless there are already an abundance of shooters on his land THIS WILL WORK :lol:

If successful on your second visit to show your appreciation take a pack of beer and some wine for his Mrs

I can relate to this because in over 10 years of shooting i have NEVER shot so many Rabbits as i have managed to this year

It is in all our interests that this VILE and INHUMANE form of control is'nt introduced on a large scale so now's the time lads :lol::D:D

Best of luck

Cheers Ive

Apologies if this topic is repetetive as a result of myself not reading previous threads properly :)

mixie :< :< :<

I hate to see rabbits with this and beleive me thers thousands of them suffering out there, its got to be the worst way to controll a pest ever invented,

if anybody ever says to me that shooting rabbits is cruel I ask them if they have ever seen a rabbit with mixie and explain what a long and terable death the rabbits have once they have caught it, most of them usually change there view of a clean kill from a gun being cruel as aposed to controlling them with the dredded mixie, :< :<

why introduce mixie when there is a army of air gunners that are more than happy to rid the farms of rabbits

give us a time, date and location and we will be there

Couldn't agree more, but we are supposedly overun with deer as well but try telling that to people who want to charge you 65 quid for walk round a field with none in it!!

why introduce mixie when there is a army of air gunners that are more than happy to rid the farms of rabbits

give us a time, date and location and we will be there

:D I don't think it quite works like this when your after your FIRST piece of land clone .........In my experience Until you build up an repetation that Farmer knows you need him more than he needs you :D

Don't forget the Biege Brogues as well SNAKEBITE, then you'll really look the part ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The Farmer will think you've come to buy his House :P:lol::lol:

Cheers Ive

You know, perhaps BASC or other organisation should promote web sites such as this one, to the farmers. This way the farmers can find people to control their land, rather than ask for these inhumane methods to be used.

Regards,

Axe.

Tis an excellant idea AXE but unfortunately the Farmer makes his opinion on face value especially with 12 ft lbs airgun , with shotgun or firearm he knows you've had to be vetted by the police and therefore responsible although that is not always the case .

Some of these chaps have 1 to 5 acres of back garden which their children play in ,or a couple of family ponies etc.

Your chances of gaining land are improved 10 fold with certification ,gun club membership , insurance ........these all indicate you take your pest control SERIOUSLY.

Too many times now have i heard how permission has been granted for the recipients to abuse the landowners trust by shooting ,sparrows ,blackbirds etc that in some communities their is a real reluctance to issue permissions so forth to stangers.

As for Basc , no doubt they could run a course where you obtain a certificate(a bit like DSC 1) but why bother when you can go for an FAC so to speak and use 35ft lbs

My suggestions made in the original post are made on the basis that should you make the effort to look responsible then you'll be successful.Looking like a Mercenary (DPM ) for a first impression will very rarley get you any where ,basically it's not a good icebreaker.

Once again those that are new to Hunting give my suggestions a go ,,,,YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOOSE ,ONLY TO GAIN

Very best of luck

Ive

Yeah, I hear what your saying Ive. Present yourself well and you'll get a fighting chance, at least.

It is a shame that certain people of society seek activity through shooting "anything" they see in the field. It spoils other peoples chances.

Im sure they is a way for BASC to promote a for farmers to get responsible pest controllers. Perhaps through a members only section of their website. Since you'd have to be a member to get to it, you would be insured etc. something that the farmer could take comfort with. I know that representatives from BASC are on the site, perhaps they can give their input on this. (The reason for my posting)

Regards,

Axe.