FAC Certificate

ringers100

Hi there, my nephew is 16, and id dead keen to get an FAC, he comes shooting with mea all the time, the only trouble is neither of his parents own an FAC so would he have to put his gun on my certificate aswell, keep it an my house and then only be able to borrow it? or would he be able to keep it at his house, in his own cabinate on his own certificate?

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this :good: thanks very much :wub:

Ringers

HE can legally own a Fire Arm from the age 14+, but he can only be given one and its ammunition. He can use it one land where he has written permission and where his FAO has approved for the curtain caliber. hope this helps, if not give me a PM and will send you a link to the FAC laws for Young People

HE can legally own a Fire Arm from the age 14+, but he can only be given one and its ammunition. He can use it one land where he has written permission and where his FAO has approved for the curtain caliber. hope this helps, if not give me a PM and will send you a link to the FAC laws for Young People

I think you'll find since the VCR Bill things have changed

here - is a link to Firearms and young people - http://www.basc.org.uk/en/utilities/docume...EA798BC75FD9D26

well worth a look

Les :lol:

Edited by Lez325

I think you'll find since the VCR Bill things have changed

here - is a link to Firearms and young people - http://www.basc.org.uk/en/utilities/docume...EA798BC75FD9D26

well worth a look

Les :lol:

you sure .

Under 14 :- You may not use a section 1 firearm except for target shooting as a member of a Home Office approved rifle club.

Age 14 to 17 :- At the age of 14 you may be granted a firearms certificate and be given firearms & ammunition in accordance with the conditions specified on the certificate.

Over 17 :- You may buy a firearm & ammunition in accordance with the conditions set out on your certificate.

Im 14 so in theory i cannot be given a sect2 shotgun till im 15; but i can be given 10 shot shotgun on FAC. Very weird, whats been said above is true, he could apply for a FAC providing he has suitable storag and it may help if you or your dad writes a letter saying he has been out shoooting within your supervision. The only problem that could oocur is the size of the land and how many people using it (i.e. if its small and there are others + you and your dad). Anyway Good Luck nice to see some other juniors in the sport.

EDR